stock work inletting

boar & deer

i have an un inlet stock from boyds gunstocks and would like a varberger action let in to it does anyone know anyone who would do this work and at what price

never used him but his reputation is good so I hear. Advertises in Gunmart:-

Don the Master Stocker .

You might also speak to Fultons of Bisley as after all they do put together target rifles and do fit stocks. Brian at East Grinstead guns is or was a stocker but I have not seen any of his stock fitting work.

Callum and his team at PRS, i know he is very busy but there is a reason for this
quality work and a top guy
his rifles are a work of art
oneday i will have one
cheers

i think you may find people reluctant to take on this sort of work, as it is a bit of a pain in the bum, also it depends if you want the action as a drop, or if you want it bedded? i would expect you to be looking at £250+ for this job you may find it easier to find a friend with a milling machine and you can have a go at it yourself.

Done well, this kind of work isn't cheap.~Muir

Cost was not mentioned but it's one reason I did not suggest contacting Ron Wharton of Rigby's who is based at Rusper in Surrey which of course is down south as is the county of Kent. The gentleman who does his stock work charged £1000 for making a stock back in about 1999/2000 and that was just to make and fit the stock and did not cover the cost of the timber.

I don't mean to be rude, but there is little merit in having the likes of Callum Ferguson spend his very expensive time on a cheap Boyd's stock. You could easily clock up a £300 - £400 bill for inleting a £100 stock on a factory rifle?

i think i mite just have ago my self should be able the just router of all of it as the mag is fixed to the action

Cost was not mentioned but it's one reason I did not suggest contacting Ron Wharton of Rigby's who is based at Rusper in Surrey which of course is down south as is the county of Kent. The gentleman who does his stock work charged £1000 for making a stock back in about 1999/2000 and that was just to make and fit the stock and did not cover the cost of the timber.

Its gone up a bit since then! Ron had my .470 double restocked by JD Sells whom i assume you are talking about and it was £3600!!

Its gone up a bit since then! Ron had my .470 double restocked by JD Sells whom i assume you are talking about and it was £3600!!

I was enquiring about a stock for a Mannlicher Schoenauer. A double would likely cost a bit more. Ron didn't say who did the work just what it cost.

Back