Thread: Round nose 6mm

Round nose 6mm

Does anyone know if there any suppliers of 100gn round nose bullets anymore?
    Hornady used to do one...

Hornady still do i believe try contacting Tim Hannams, Leeds

Hornady 6mm /.243 Interlock 100gn #2455 - that's the rascal you're looking for. Speer used to make a 105gn RN bullet, but discontinued it years ago.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

I used to use the Speer 105 grainers - very good accurate bullet. I shot my biggest Sika stag with one of those.
    I never could figure why Speer discontinued them as they stabilized very well in most 243 rifles, didn't deflect on grass or twiglets and expanded about right.

what is the benefit of a round nose bullet?
    (other than not getting mis-shapen in my ammo box!)

Thank you all for the info and product code from deeangeo

Phone call to Hannams to check availability me thinks

If I cant get any I'll have no option but to get to work with the misses nail file and carve my own!

Bigger sectional density, poorer bal. co-eff. But at 100/150 yards they certainly bowl over a red. Also, they don't deflect easily on intervening grass/bracken.
    Some like them, many don't. I was never a big fan, but I have a good friend loved them to bits.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

bewsher500 - For most of my stalking I use a spitzer boat tail soft point, sierra game kings are pretty uniform I've found.

But in a little stutzen I'm after, the round nose up to 100 yards or so will be just fine

Round nose bullets are good in the real world and as stated above don't get damaged easily either in the magazine or when repeatedly handled if loaded & removed from the rifle /magazine. if not shot.
    I wish there was a better selection of round nose bullets to choose from.