Riverwest clothing

pablo.222

Hey guys quick question about clothing for stalking. Has anyone got riverwest jackets? Anyone any recomendations which jackets would be suitable? I read that they are vitually impossible to rip. Any truth? Was looking at buying one but not sure which one and since they are quite expensive i want make correct choice.

Cheers for any info

Hi pablo
I,ve got a Riverswest smock in green (the one with the binocular pouch on the front)
also handy for cartridges.
I was out last night shooting duck in the foulest of weather, no pun intended,
and have to admit i was 100% dry!!
They are not the cosiest of jackets but with a light fleece or jersey they are just the
ticket.
Hope this helps!!!
Cheers. :thumb:

If you are going to The Midland Game fair, you can see the whole Rivers West Range on the World of Realtree Stand. I used Rivers West trousers and jacket when hunting bear in Newfoundland last May. Spent a lot of time sitting and was never wet or cold. You do need to layer up underneath. They tell you that on their website.

Fantastic kit, never been wet in it yet and I have been out in some nasty weather.

I use the lynx jacket which is actually a ladies jacket but you would never know. I am going to get myself the green smock in the near future.

I've got a Field Pro smock in green - not had it long so it's not had any 'extreme testing' - but I did get the kids to turn the hosepipe on me when I first got it and was bone dry underneath.

So far so good!!

Hey guys quick question about clothing for stalking. Has anyone got riverwest jackets? Anyone any recomendations which jackets would be suitable? I read that they are vitually impossible to rip. Any truth? Was looking at buying one but not sure which one and since they are quite expensive i want make correct choice.

Cheers for any info

Suggest you look at Rivers West Uk and riverswest.com, the usa, website. The USA has a wider choice.
If you are not in a hurry you might buy cheaper in USA and have them send over.

I also have the green smock with the matching trousers and it is fantastic, been out in some real down pours and never been wet. Very very tough and with some really well thought out and placed pockets. With the trousers as the material is not breathable I find them too warm to wear in summer

are these light weight jacket for like summer or just winter ones?

Don't be put off by the lightness of the jackets, you don't need a thick jumper underneath unless its minus conditions. speaking with one of the rivers west guys at the cla its best to use thin layers. I have yet to add no more than a long sleeve t=shirt or long sleeve shirt.

I'm interested in the green smock but waiting for the Midland Game Fair to check out the Seeland Keeper Jacket first but i think the Riverswest smock is very functional for me,

Garry

Back