Anyone else been messed around by Amazon?

Back in June Amazon were taking orders for a new book "Deer management in the UK" by Dominic Griffith, due to be released in August. Well August came and went along with several e-mails saying "sorry it's been delayed", followed by the same at the start of September and today I've been told they can't get it.

Now I'm well p****d off with them, as I was looking forward to a good read and adding another one to the collection:mad:

Anyone else suffered the same and any ideas where I can get a copy?

Ade

It's not Amazon's fault. They list books for pre-order when the publisher tells them it will be available. They didn't take any money from you and kept in touch when there was a delay. What more could you ask from a company? It's the publisher messing Amazon about.

I have had the same and whilst it is annoying I agree with Apache. I'd rather be dealt with like this by Amazon than face the proposition of trying to get my £20 or so quid back from a faceless giant who passes you from pillar to post. Be grateful for small mercies.

You could always contact Dominic direct he will have some to sell when the publisher sorts their sh*t out. You ask nicely and he will sign it for you I'd wager.

If Amazon now tell me when I place my order it is on "back order" I cancel and try to secure what it is I want from othger sources.

Tough love it might be but it saves a whole world of effort on your part if they don't take your money first...trust me.

I got my copy a month ago from the BDS at the CLA.

It was probably a couple of quid more than Amazon but, right now, its on my shelf not in a warehouse somewhere!

Sometimes we only have ourselves to blame, and I am as guilty as the next man, when we hunt down the cheapest price for an item without considering the service.

Having said that, I have always found Amazon to be one of the better internet suppliers.

Glyn.

I got my copy a month ago from the BDS at the CLA.

It was probably a couple of quid more than Amazon but, right now, its on my shelf not in a warehouse somewhere!

Sometimes we only have ourselves to blame, and I am as guilty as the next man, when we hunt down the cheapest price for an item without considering the service.

Having said that, I have always found Amazon to be one of the better internet suppliers.

Glyn.

Glyn

Wish I'd done the same as you and picked up a copy at the Game Fair, but I'd pre-ordered mine from Amazon already. I had the same email from Amazon yesterday as Ade and Apache, so will have to make do with the three or four other stalking-related books Iv'e bought in the meantime!;)

To be fair, Amazon's service is normally exemplary. I ordered a copy of Isolation Shepherd on Monday (see the thread elsewhere) and it arrived Tuesday morning.

Dom

Glyn

Wish I'd done the same as you and picked up a copy at the Game Fair, but I'd pre-ordered mine from Amazon already. I had the same email from Amazon yesterday as Ade and Apache, so will have to make do with the three or four other stalking-related books Iv'e bought in the meantime!;)

To be fair, Amazon's service is normally exemplary. I ordered a copy of Isolation Shepherd on Monday (see the thread elsewhere) and it arrived Tuesday morning.

Dom

You won't want me to rub it in then and tell you that I had a couple of glasses of wine and a chat with a few people while Domonic signed my copy...

It's not Amazon's fault. They list books for pre-order when the publisher tells them it will be available. They didn't take any money from you and kept in touch when there was a delay. What more could you ask from a company? It's the publisher messing Amazon about.

Fair point Apache, I should have taken that into consideration before bashing away at the keyboard. :doh:

I've had other books from Amazon without any problems. I got a signed copy of Richard Prior's last publication from Coch-Y-Bonddu earlier this year, so I'll give them a go.

ade

Placed a order with them a while back for a ultrasonic cleaner no problems with the order or delivery, but i did get my card details taken & the bank got in touch within about 10 min to let me now someone was trying to use my card.
Managed to get the card canceled before ant money was taken.

John

Back in June Amazon were taking orders for a new book "Deer management in the UK" by Dominic Griffith, due to be released in August. Well August came and went along with several e-mails saying "sorry it's been delayed", followed by the same at the start of September and today I've been told they can't get it.

Now I'm well p****d off with them, as I was looking forward to a good read and adding another one to the collection:mad:

Anyone else suffered the same and any ideas where I can get a copy?

Ade

its on amazon now for £13.21 plus £2.80 postage

Back