Just seen the ugliest

I believe the butt-stock and pistol grip and trigger set up are based upon the Mauser SR93. The front of the fore stock is similar to some america whacked out stock designs often seen in the 10/22 challenge.

I had one at my range open day last year in 338 lap mag, we charged per round with proceeds going to H4H, there was a queue all day long on both days!

Oh I don't about that PKL,
I shoot a Howa with an Axiom synthetic stock and it works fine for me but the laminated thumbhole stock some Howas are "wearing" makes me realise "to each his own":)

Just read the blurb on it, reads faintly like one of those you get on Ebay, describing stuff from China, certainly doesn't have a good ring to it.

The stuff of nightmares, never though the R93 was pretty even in standard trim, however as long as it does the business,it does not need to be pretty.

Ugly...yes but do they work....yes

I do believe Redmist has just used one to win the factory class at the Diggle Fly Shoot, something like a 2 inch group at 500 yards I believe (correct me if I'm wrong anyone)

S

Ugly...yes but do they work....yes

I do believe Redmist has just used one to win the factory class at the Diggle Fly Shoot, something like a 2 inch group at 500 yards I believe (correct me if I'm wrong anyone)

S

well done Redmist keep the BLASER flag flying high :cool:
2 inch group at 500 most people can only dream of that precision
keep sticking it to the BLASER knockers :mad::mad:
regards pete .

well done Redmist keep the BLASER flag flying high :cool:
2 inch group at 500 most people can only dream of that precision
keep sticking it to the BLASER knockers :mad::mad:
regards pete .

Just because you like them does not mean everyone will. Having shot the Blaser R93 more than once despite the fact they shot well it was not for me. Also at around £4000 at the time for the one I was shooting IMHO opinion a better rifle could be obtained for myself and in fact we shot one along side it but again at just over £4000 it was beyond my pockets reach without a bank loan. Oh and that was some 15 or so years back ;) the rifle that I would ahve brought if I could from that range day was the Chapuis SxS in 8x57R that shot wonderfully with the RWS factory ammunition he brought along.

A lot do not feel happy with the collet lock up for the bolt and Blaser have had their issues with this so let's face it they are not as perfect as you would like to make out. Pointing out that they have their faults is not knocking them but it's also not sticking ones head in a the sand either. Now your obviously happy with your and I am happy for you but as I said they are not for me.

The good point with this Blaser is that it has a proper detachable magazine, however as a real tactical rifle being used in conflict were your life depended on it would you really want such a complicated lock up and the risk of misfire though not cycling the bolt fast enough? Shooting deer is one thing but when the enemy has counter snipers that’s different situation IMO. There plenty of proper Tactical rifles out there including the Sako TRG models and AIs, if your life depended on it I know where I would be looking.
Oh Redmist was selling his.
As to liking the look or not functionality has a beauty all of its own.:cool:
Is that constrictive criticism or knocking Blasers? Am I bothered???:evil:

ATB

Tahr

Just because you like them does not mean everyone will. Having shot the Blaser R93 more than once despite the fact they shot well it was not for me. Also at around £4000 at the time for the one I was shooting IMHO opinion a better rifle could be obtained for myself and in fact we shot one along side it but again at just over £4000 it was beyond my pockets reach without a bank loan. Oh and that was some 15 or so years back ;) the rifle that I would ahve brought if I could from that range day was the Chapuis SxS in 8x57R that shot wonderfully with the RWS factory ammunition he brought along.

A lot do not feel happy with the collet lock up for the bolt and Blaser have had their issues with this so let's face it they are not as perfect as you would like to make out. Pointing out that they have their faults is not knocking them but it's also not sticking ones head in a the sand either. Now your obviously happy with your and I am happy for you but as I said they are not for me.

Brit as you quite rightly say everyone to their own .
maybe not everyones cup of tea but most definetly mine .
never had any issues with the bolt or anything else .
fine if used properly .
regards pete .

Back