my newly re barreled sako/trueflight

poulo308

popped her cherry
i finally got the opportunity to blood my new sako/trueflight, i was watching a sika pricket that was bothering my local farmer for a while now. and this evening when i got home from work i called over for a walk threw the ground, but no luck so instead i helped the farmer round up the cattle for milking.
as we were strolling back to the parlor he told me that he had bin seeing the pricket regularly and usually appeared in the field about 250y away from the milking parlor.
well that was that and we chatted for a while before i headed home to the kids.

not 5 min in the door when i got a phone call from my farmer, "come over quick that lad is back where he usually is".
so i jumped into the jeep and quick as a flash i was up in the farm yard.

i parked just inside the farm gates and walked over to the tree line beside the milking parlor and lay down on a raised bank of 804 left over from re laying the drive way into the yard.
sure enough there he was, just under the same tree as usual and just grazing away.
i steadied my self on the stones and watched the young animal threw the scope for a while and awaited for the perfect shot to present its self.
he was facing me so only one option. he lifted his dead for a look around and that was it i squeeze the trigger now lightened to about 1lb and with no effort it was all over. a thurrappp from the mod and a thump was all the noise that was made.
220y 75gr hollow point neck shot
37d510e3.jpg

and to make it even better the farmer was standing at the door of the milking parlor watching as it all happened. he said "jeasus paul that was some shot , it just dropped on the spot" so now he is happy and i have proven my worth to him as far as shooting is concerned anyway.

i am one happy camper with my new sako/trueflight from Fergal white
thanks Fergal
ireland custom rifles

Good result,dont forget to break your new barrel in.:lol:
cheers. i am running her in nicely i'm on shot 50ish now anmd my first 20 rounds were shoot clean shoot clean. then a couple of groups which were impressive to say the least. so i think i can just shoot away now.
i usually try to clean my rifles after every 20-30 rounds fired anyway or even less if we were out in bad weather.:)

sounds like he just did!
ya i am happy with her now:)

Is it chambered in .308? First deer with a new setup is always a good feeling! How do truflite barrels compare with the other popular ones regarding cost if you dont mind me asking?

Is it chambered in .308? First deer with a new setup is always a good feeling! How do truflite barrels compare with the other popular ones regarding cost if you dont mind me asking?

it is a .243. i am new to the custom line of things but i know a few people with these barrels and they are all happy men so that is good enough for me.

to have the new barrel fitted and a threaded for a mod and a nice tread cap fitted, it cost me €850 thats euro not pounds. i dont know how much it would cost over there in england

Nice looking rifle and well done on the shot mate, but you'd have to pay me a million bucks to carry that lump of sh1te around that's sitting on the end of your barrell!!! why not just some ear plugs! LOL...only joking, everyone knows I'm anti Mod.

Well done on the spike Paul. Fired a handfull rounds out of my new Border barreled 243 Remmy that
Fergal did for me. First three rounds were 1/2" group. So a good start.
Funny also the scope was just out by 3 inch or so after barrel change.
Looking forward to meeting you at the range. We'll battle it out again.
edi
DSCN6118.jpg

Nice looking rifle and well done on the shot mate, but you'd have to pay me a million bucks to carry that lump of sh1te around that's sitting on the end of your barrell!!! why not just some ear plugs! LOL...only joking, everyone knows I'm anti Mod.

ya i hear you but i have my .308 foe making noise and the .243 for quiet work. i like to have options

Well done on the spike Paul. Fired a handfull rounds out of my new Border barreled 243 Remmy that
Fergal did for me. First three rounds were 1/2" group. So a good start.
Funny also the scope was just out by 3 inch or so after barrel change.
Looking forward to meeting you at the range. We'll battle it out again.
edi
DSCN6118.jpg

i look forward to our next meeting edi. i should have her nicely run in by then.

nice set up you have there good choice of scope

i put a zeiss victory on my .243 so i have no excuse any more:cool:

Back