Thread: Deer Labradors

Deer Labradors

Does anyone know of any lines of UK labradors that have produced good deer dogs?
    I am looking for a lab in the next year or so that I can train up for deer work.
    While there are plenty of good gundog lines it would seem to make sense to try and source a pup from a line that has produced proven deer dogs.
    For my needs a lab will fit the bill best and I have worked alongside some very proficient deer labs before, granted they did not perform a bringsel report but they did do as required!
    Answers on a postcard
    All the best

My mate has a lab' from a long line of working lab's breed for deer work. He is at the deer full time, I can give you his number if you wish. I think his bitch is in pup.

Best rgds

Might be interested in those details myself Thar.
    I've got a mate who's dogs just passed away.

virtualy any breed of dog can be used for follow up work on deer
    so any good working line of lab will be more than suitable for your needs , just the training will be the distinguishing factor,
    proven or not,
    if a lab can find a pheasant or partridge runner after the drive has finished then a bloody great big wounded deer should be no probs
    forgot to add
    sika my lab bitch has been very easy to train learning very quickly and prooven her worth a couple of times out in the field and also when doing a long cold blood trail
    she came from the Birdsgreen kennels