Big gun, fast dog, sharp knife...

doghound

...arguably all I need in life!

I have read the forum with interest and having stalked for over 20 years I feel I have 2 penneth to add.

Both a traditionalist and modernist, I worry those new to our sport don't value the old ways and traditions. On the other hand the old guard dont see the need to modernise and adapt as things change.

Much of my time these days is spent with my dogs, Teckel owner for the best part of 20 years I am still staggered what these little dogs can do with scent.

Defining moments for me are:
1- Sitting round a good fire in Sweden with my old mate jagare, brewing some strong coffee listening to his Teckel loose hunting roe.
2 - Stalking Chamois in the Lichtenstein Alps
3 - Shooting a 12 point bull moose.
4- Introducing my son to all that is out there for us to shoot stalk or fish.

Welcome to what can be a very friendly forum. Have a good look around and get those topics started. Always good to see new members to a forum.

Ads ;)

Doghound
Overwhelming credentials ,I have met Jagare with his good lady,at Stones Dog Day, Welcome to our site , We debate alot! :lol: :lol:
Welcome . Trapper

Good to see another dog man on the site. And with considerable experience to share with members. Never had a Teckle, I keep a Bavarian who has come on in leaps and bounds over the last few months.

All the best to you.

Back