midland today

derek.snr

went today,was it me or was there less stalls on gunmakers,overall had a good day .changed my alliance from basc to ngo ,who where very informative and made you feel wanted something that was never felt at basc.bought some remmy subs 27 quid-500,plus some very resonably priced 30-06 and 243.weather was fine just a couple of showers and crowds not too bad a good day overall.

went today,was it me or was there less stalls on gunmakers,overall had a good day .changed my alliance from basc to ngo ,who where very informative and made you feel wanted something that was never felt at basc.bought some remmy subs 27 quid-500 :eek:,plus some very resonably priced 30-06 and 243.weather was fine just a couple of showers and crowds not too bad a good day overall.

Derek you were mugged mate :lol:

I was there and we said there wasnt the same amount of stands, my mate used to work on a stand for several years said he thought there was a 20-30% less. we still managed to get in there at 08.30 and left at 18.30 and we had a really good day. and its dry under foot pault.

I was there today with the wife, it was still a good day out but I'd agree that the fair was 20-30% smaller than usual.

Quite a few of the better quality food stands seemed to be missing which was a shame.

I did manage to use a heavy rain shower as justification for a new stalking coat though : )

Just got back from the Midland , been there all wknd , a lot less traders but not surprised due to the amount of shoplifters .
Its time these scum were named and shamed as it gives us decent guys a bad name .

I noticed security running around like headless chickens a few times.

Anyone with greased back hair and shiny shoes shouldn't be allowed in :D

I went took 4x5 kids and my partner, her first visit to MGF. Arrived 9.30am, drove straight in, and parked at front, unbelievable!!

i thought it was very quiet and there were rows of stands missing. In afternoon Norman Clark was almost desserted. I recon it cost the best part of £150 for the day and I didn't buy anything for me, got a small N/S varriable scope for my sons air rifle and a couple of Catties. Other than that very little of intrest. However did look through the new range finding Swarvies, looked good but should be at £2,200.

Didn't find the NGO stand and BASC pretty normal.

Good weather considering it rained virtually all weekend in Bristol.

D

Having worked there all weekend I have to agree with the comments re reduced size and footfall. There's usually a 10-15min wait to get in at the traders entrance in the a.m but we just drove straight in both mornings. Have to echo the comments re travellers too. It's very difficult to name and shame someone if a) they give you a false name b) they have no address and c) they have no concept of shame. Even the little kids were running their hands over the gun racks to see if there were any loose parts to steal. One good thing was that the police were actively stopping and questioning them.

Regards

G

I spent most of the weekend in the Discover Gundogs Tent, you could tell when it started raining, as it was the only time people came in. I bought a well made RWS Ammunition Wallet, good leather at a good price and a Culite Lamp for £150 which is going back as it wont charge !

The show was way smaller than normal and there were some "interesting" characters there.

I went took 4x5 kids and my partner, her first visit to MGF. Arrived 9.30am, drove straight in, and parked at front, unbelievable!!

i thought it was very quiet and there were rows of stands missing. In afternoon Norman Clark was almost desserted. I recon it cost the best part of £150 for the day and I didn't buy anything for me, got a small N/S varriable scope for my sons air rifle and a couple of Catties. Other than that very little of intrest. However did look through the new range finding Swarvies, looked good but should be at £2,200.

Didn't find the NGO stand and BASC pretty normal.

Good weather considering it rained virtually all weekend in Bristol.

D

The NGO was in the same place as usual smack bang in the middle of the Gamekeepers row - bought some traps on the stand and got some advise from the guys in the deer branch.

Back