Reloads into Finland

tjwaines

Anyone know if its legal to take handloaded ammunition into Finland ? Heading there in November and want to know well in advance.

Cheers

Tom

Do reloads come with a big sign on them saying 'Reloads' then ?
My reloads, and all the others I've seen, look identical to any 'Shop bought' ones.

Well the case batch I'm currently using have been reloaded about 8 times, they have a fair few scratches, the necks certainly aren't perfectly clean like a new round would be and the bases are marked from being turned in the bolt head - they are quite obviously reloads, even to the untrained eye. So don't want to get there and find reloads aren't allowed in.

Exactly, they'd only recently relaxed the control on taking in reloads when we got there and they were still tetchy about it. They certainly had me squirming - "no no not reloads, just very old" says me haha.

Having hunted Finland twice with good friends I have out there, on both occassions I took my own home loads and never ever had a problem.

In fact the gun cases came out on the carousel at Oulu airport and we picked them up and walked out with our finnish friends and no one asked or checked anything!! I wouldnt worry about it from my experience.

Sikamalc

I was under the impresion that you were only allowed to carry factory loaded ammo in factory ammo boxes ! on to a Aircraft as it is CAA rule (Law)
Thats why my reloads sit in there factory packaging (remi case in a remi box ):banghead: when i fly . I have never being asked to show my ammo most airline firearm handlers probaly could not tell the differance but you never know!! it could be a great way to stuff up a shooting trip.

Bob

I suppose it's a case of using the tumbler for an extra hour :) before taking them out and reloading them then :D
I have travelled quite extensively over recent years and never been asked to show my ammo, other than in the case/tin/cardboard box that they were in.

I suppose it's a case of using the tumbler for an extra hour :) before taking them out and reloading them then :D
I have travelled quite extensively over recent years and never been asked to show my ammo, other than in the case/tin/cardboard box that they were in.

Its a case of just not having the time to do it sometimes (terrible I know). Having been to Bulgaria and Croatia x 2 on successive years I've only ever had them checked in Bulgaria. Probably just use the tumbler hey!!!

Its a case of just not having the time to do it sometimes (terrible I know). Having been to Bulgaria and Croatia x 2 on successive years I've only ever had them checked in Bulgaria. Probably just use the tumbler hey!!!

Or just buy some new brass. Never heard of this before checking whether they are home loads. Having just spoken to a good friend today who nearly lost an eye this weekend after some duffy factory ammon for his 1.7 blew up the rifle, mag and cracked the stock :eek: factory ammo is probably more likely to fail than a carefully loaded home round that has been checked and undertaken by an experienced home loader.

Back