Brock and Norris "Help for Heroes Raffle"

Well just had a phone call from Mike from Brock and Norris to tell me I haven't won first prize in the Help for Heroes raffle but I have come second and won a pair of 7x42 Ziess binoculars, how bl@@dy happy am I, I never even knew there was a second prize, a big big thank you to Mike for organising this raffle and a big big thank you to Zeiss for donating these as a prize, I will treasure them, really chuffed, thanks again
BIG GRIN!!!:D

Cheers Mike,
I hope a good 'un has won the stalking with you, I'm sure they'll have a great time, I could come and watch from a distance with my new bins!!! Lol! :lol:
All the best
Crumpy

Well done Crumpy! Just reminded the missus to close the curtains........you never know who's lurking around here with a decent pair of binos:eek:

Cheers guys,
No idea who won the rifle, would be nice if they didn't want it and I was forced to have it for coming second!!!
Fancy a nights lamping with me next weekend Rollo, nice long walk, you can bring your heavy rifle I'll carry my nice light lamp!!!!!:lol:

Yes mate, I could do with wearing my new boots in;) we could use my lamp mate....you know the one that's bolted to the top of the landy save my little old legs:lol:

The rifle was won by a dedicated shooter/re-loader who has shot 99 foxes so far this year.
He currently uses a 6mmBR so he will have plenty of ingredients in stock for his new .243 .

[ I wrote out the winning ticket ! ]

HWH.

Well done mate, I've handled it a couple of times, won a cracker there, going to save no. 100 for it?!!!!!!
Crumpy

Last edited:
Well done mate, I've handled it a couple of times, won a cracker there, going to save no. 100 for it?!!!!!!
Crumpy

Not won by me but by a friend who had 4 tickets, I just did the writing.
I took him to our Firearms Dept. the other day with his Form 101 for the variation.
Knowing him I am sure he will have exceeded 100 head by the time his new toy is in hand.

HWH.

Just an update !
David Latimer who won the Brock and Norris donated .243 rifle was first at our Spring stalkers shoot yesterday with 119/120 points using the aforementioned weapon and was 3rd in the 130 yard pool shoot.
Quite a few foxes have been zapped with it also whilst in his naughty hands !

Regards to all zappers, HWH.

The rifle was won by a dedicated shooter/re-loader who has shot 99 foxes so far this year.
He currently uses a 6mmBR so he will have plenty of ingredients in stock for his new .243 .

[ I wrote out the winning ticket ! ]

HWH.

The winner of this rifle was David Latimer of Brampton, Cumbria.
He was a dedicated, skilful rifleman and shot his first Red Stag with me many years ago on a Lake District mountain.
Using his new rifle Dave won the Border Stalkers open rifle shoot on April 15th with 119/120 points.
Dave shot a few Foxes with the new rifle and was at the recent Brock and Norris open day, he had offered to take me down but due to my pills and potions I get little pleasure now going on long journeys.

About a week ago Dave had a heart attack and was in intensive care at Carlisle.
He passed away yesterday aged 66 .
R.I.P. Dave you were a true and loyal friend.

HWH.

That is such sad news. Our thoughts go out to his family and close friends at this difficult time.

Our condolences from the Jelen Team.

Regards,

Mike.

The winner of this rifle was David Latimer of Brampton, Cumbria.
He was a dedicated, skilful rifleman and shot his first Red Stag with me many years ago on a Lake District mountain.
Using his new rifle Dave won the Border Stalkers open rifle shoot on April 15th with 119/120 points.
Dave shot a few Foxes with the new rifle and was at the recent Brock and Norris open day, he had offered to take me down but due to my pills and potions I get little pleasure now going on long journeys.

About a week ago Dave had a heart attack and was in intensive care at Carlisle.
He passed away yesterday aged 66 .
R.I.P. Dave you were a true and loyal friend.

HWH.

So So sad please send my condolences to his family.

Jimbo

Picture of Dave below in the simulated high seat at 100yds prior to him putting up the winning score of 119/120.
The rifle was his new toy, the Brock and Norris rifle and scope which he won in the raffle.

He is to be cremated at Carlisle on Tuesday the 7th at 2 20pm.
His family send their thanks for the messages of condolence received and have donated a bottle of Scotch for our next Border Stalkers shoot on August 19th.

HWH.
various002.jpg

Hi all,

I'm David's son John and thought I'd pop along and personally thank everyone for all their kind words and cards.

Hunting, stalking and shooting, pretty much anything to do with firing projectiles at high speed, was always a huge part of my fathers life and as a side result also my brothers and mine, he will be very, very sadly missed and I know I speak for the rest of my family when I say that he enjoyed every single moment of it (even when he was cold, wet and humping across the fells) and that winning the B&N custom .243 was one of his proudest moments, he couldn't quite believe his good luck, as HWH will testify; as soon as he saw the gun, he was in love.

While he only had it a short while, he was absolutely positive that it was a "one holler" and had been zeroing in on the perfect round for the the next competition.

I'd also like to thank Hubert (HWH) for all his support and advice over this very difficult period and without his help we would have been a bit lost at sea, many thanks.

I'd also like to say that for all the years that my father had known Hubert, he has been a staunch and treasured friend, my father really did look up to him (he would never have told him though), I (and my family) will always be grateful that my father had as good a friend as any of us can only hope to enjoy.

Best Regards.

John Latimer.

Last edited:
Back