I think I've just about got all the details pretty much nailed down now.
All prices and bag quotas are quoted per person but are based on 2x1 hunting. We would look to have a total of up to 6 hunters on location at any time operating as three pairs.
Both Packages are based on a Saturday arrival and Saturday departure, (not the same day ;) ) with 6 full hunting days in between. Both Packages are priced at a total cost of £2,400 sterling per person 2x1.
The price in all instances includes the following:
- Hunting License Fees.
- Services of the Professional Hunter.
- Four Wheel Drive Hunting Vehicles.
- Hunting Personnel, Drivers, Trackers and Skinner.
- Field Preparation of Trophies.
- Use of Shotgun for Optional Bird Hunting.
- First Class Accommodation.
- All Meals.
- All Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Daily Maid and Laundry Service.
- Sales Tax on Daily Rates.
Package 1: Includes trophy fees for thirty springbuck per gun.
Package 2: Includes trophy fees for twenty springbuck and four Oryx.
Due to this being a Culling operation for meat, all shots should be head/high neck. Wounded or non recovered animals will be charged in full, (I am waiting for an answer on the meat value lost in these cases).
Body shots will be charged at £10/springbuck and £30/Oryx
Items Not included:
- Trophy Fees over and above the original package.
- Airfare to and from Windhoek International Airport.
- Airport Taxes.
- Insurance of any Kind.
- Expenses for Packing and Shipping of Trophies.
- Taxidermy Expenses.
- Import Permits and Fees if required by your country.
- Alcoholic Beverages.
- International Phone Calls and Faxes.
- Sightseeing Excursions.
- Touring or Travel expenses.
Calibre suggestions would be anything like 243 on the springbuck and I would suggest 7mm or .30 on the Oryx. I culled some Kudu this year with the 6.5mm and even with premium bullets nothing exited the heads, admittedly they didn't go anywhere apart from downwards but you need to be very confident of your rifle. I'm happy to discuss calibres/bullets etc with you before you go of course.
Shots are likely to be from 100yds out to +300 yds so an accurate gun is a must.
I have a couple more items to confirm before we are ready to book but I thought I would get these out there to start the ball rolling.
I also have prices for additional species at both cull and trophy rates for those that want to add more to their list.
Seasons start in May and run through to September.