Wonky screwcut??

novice

I've this last week bought a 2nd hand tikka t3 which came screwcut.

One of the reasons I went for it was that it was cut 1/2 inch unf, which is the same as my m595 and my intention for the forseeable was to swap my T12 between the two.

I've taken the rear bush off the T12 and tried it on the T3. It screws on reasonably well, but the barrel is pushed up against the side of the mod. I've tried the m595 without the bush to compare and it is central.

Any input as to what has gone wrong? Has the screw cutting been done at an angle to the bore and would recrowning resolve this?

Cheers

Novice

sounds like barrels bent or screwcutting is not aligned with the bore recrowning is recutting the very
end of the muzzle and will not cure either.

Personally, i wouldnt try recify a thing, it could be numerous reasons..so, take it BACK !! Once you start messing its on you ;)

Cheers gents.

I picked it up at the midland and I'm due to take it back to the outfit I bought it from to have a thread protector fitted. Will be raising the issue re the screwcutting at the same time!

Novice

the barrel wont be bent , try to zero it without the mod if it works its the thread if not its more likely a bedding problem

auch av had plenty rifles and loads with silencers,had them with the proof mark and plenty withoot,thinking about it,if the silencer tees with the end of the threads and puts a bullet oot with out any probs then its done its job,its then comes down to finding a pill that your rifle accepts,couple of issues,firstly have you got the option of reloading? if no, then try a few diffrent factory l;oads.

i have just spent a load of money on a k95 attache,243,i fortunately reload and have found the optanum round for it it dont like small pills,and i have now oppted for an 87 grain v maxit is good and works well,it is maybe a bit of time needed finding the right ingredients?

yep take it back where you bought it from, it makes no difference to it being at a game fair or from shop if its been screwcut badly it needs puting right but as said in post if you start playing with it your self(unless you know what you are doing) do not touch the seller has a legal obligation to make sure what he sells is correct for the purpose it is intended, although screwcutting is a simple thing to do it is easy to mess up if you dont know what you are doing.

paul

the barrel wont be bent , try to zero it without the mod if it works its the thread if not its more likely a bedding problem

it wont be a bedding prob if when he screws the mod on the barrel the side of the mod touches the barrel.

paul

Back