4x4 mpg

derek.snr

what are you getting to the gallon ?. Am looking for a 4x4 been looking at l200 navara hilux ranger and an x trail.manufacturers figures are let us say a bit out:-|:-| so lets be honest.by the way i get about 53mpg from my cmax on a run loaded to the gunnels.:cool:

really difficult one i have a 110 defender,and a tank does about a week,and that is just on the estate,i dont think i am above 200 miles ina week??

Hiya, I was out with my mate in his Mitsy L200 Warrior today, the onboard computer showed the least fuel usage all day was 28mpg...and lots of that were offroad..:) My Mitsy V6 petrol does about 20MPG max!!!

2006 Hilux 2.5 manual. Solid 40mpg with no canopy on. With the back on it drops to 37mpg and if im lamping a lot, it goes down to 34mpg. All worked out over the last 4 months or so using a full tank as the reference. Very impressed with the fuel consumption on these and theyre good off road. If i were going to be using it for towing regularly, i would consider the 3.0. Otherwise im very pleased with it.

2003 x trail deseal was getting 29 general driving town, before new turbo. Now doing 33mpg. Off road really impressive for a cross over. Only thing to falter it was deep tractor tracks and I didn't get stuck.

Jeep 2.8 29mpg on motorway at 2500rpm 75/80mph around town 23mpg, I have had navaras and terranos both were worse

Disco TD5, 54 plate with A/T tyres 25 mpg but when i put the road tyres on it goes up to 35 mpg

Ford Ranger tipper 07. Cos I'm mean I drive carefully and get 27- 31mpg. Pulling a 14' livestock trailer of deer and driving to get there rather than going slow it down to 17-23 mpg. Never driven anything that doesn't suffer when you put a big trailer on.

With figures like that, I count myself lucky that both my shoots are well served with tracks that are capable of being driven in my Focus Estate. Mine's a 1.8 diesel and it returns an average of between 46 and 48 mpg. This was worked out over three tank-fulls of mixed usage.

the problem with the c max is ground clearance its pants ,as with most things nothings perfect for eveything.vw tiguan ticks most boxes but the boots small

My '09, Disco 3, 2.7, does between 24 - 26 running around the village and off road and between 27 -30 on a road run.
A tank full lasts forever if I don't use it :D

57 Hilux double can auto 3.0 with AT's doing 32mpg and i drive it hard. Towing or offroad goes down to 22-26

My L reg Vitara gets no more than 20 MPG, thrashed everywhere. Might get more if i slowed down. The Ford Ranger i use for work, pulls a trailer and quad all the time gets over 30 MPG
Al

lets face it most 4x4s are the shape of a house brick so if you need one just keep filling it up
cant imagine life without my hilux Graham:thumb:

Back