GSG 5 MP5 Clone

ben01269

Hello,

im interested in buying a Gsg 5 rifle i know that i need a FAC but i wanted peoples views on them are they any good

the one im looking at is the standard one with the fake silencer but was wondering could you put a real one on it and is there a licsense i need to do this

also can people send photos of their gsg5 kits

thanks

dont mean to sound harsh but...
what on earth for?
you sound like you want an FAC for vermin and general shooting on a farm.
Sure they look cool on full auto but doubt that the .22lr version will do what you want or any FLO will give one to an 18 year old.

get your FAC first, find someone nearby as a mentor for firearms and start slowly with a .22lr, HMR, 222 etc

oh, and someone will be along shortly to remind you to put an intro in the intro section :)

I was going to say the same,fun on the range,not pratical for vermin.
Get a cz bolt action 22, if you want a semi get a ruger 10/22 IMHO.

Ben,

I'm with Bewsh. Forget it - it might look cool, but it's the business end you want and need, whether you realise it yet or not. I'm afraid you're showing your inexperience my friend, and the FLO will pick that up. Find a mentor - you'll probably need one to get your FAC anyway - and learn. Get a CZ base reliable bolt action rifle - you'll never regret it - and all the money you save spend on some good binos/scope - and love the hunt, rather than playing Rambo!!

I have played with one of these things at a range. Fun to a point, but as the lads say, practically useless.

From a purely practical point of view, do you want to be slinking around a farm somewhere in cammo with what looks exactly like an MP5 when the armed response team turns up? Imagine the 999 call from a local housewife reporting someone in a wood with a machine gun???

Get a grip.

dont mean to sound harsh but...
what on earth for?
you sound like you want an FAC for vermin and general shooting on a farm.
Sure they look cool on full auto but doubt that the .22lr version will do what you want or any FLO will give one to an 18 year old.

get your FAC first, find someone nearby as a mentor for firearms and start slowly with a .22lr, HMR, 222 etc

oh, and someone will be along shortly to remind you to put an intro in the intro section :)

it is a semi auto

ahhh newbies ,, now ben you stand at a cross roads , do you take on board what has been said or do you take the huff because youve not been told what you want to hear ?? the choice is yours

Ben,

When you get your FAC get your MP5 lookalike, have fun shooting safely at paper targets etc., when you are ready to do some vermin shooting get yourself a CZ, Remington or Ruger semi-auto, when accuracy becomes a priority over rate of fire upgrade to a bolt action.

Have fun,

Tim.

+1 :thumb: For the CZ great rifle which many will agree on, plain reliable workhorse and bomb proof into the bargain.

Rgds, Buck.

I've got one so can talk from experience. They're not the sort of weapon you want to take out on the field. they give the wrong impression and are not accurate enough. It you want to shoot vermin then go for a bolt action. If you want to have fun on 25m range then get one, but dont be upset if you cant hit a bull........... ever :rolleyes:. I only got mine to plink at an indoor 25m range which then allows me to use target rifles at a 100m range. It's a toy, not a proper tool. If you want to play and don't want to be taken seriously then buy one. If you want to shoot accurately buy a bolt action - the choice is yours

I have a CZ 452 22lr and works a treat on the bunnies , its reliable and cheap to run , they can also be bought for a reasonable price secondhand

Ben,

Its good advice the fellas are offering. I bought a .22LR CZ (bolt action) with scope, mounts and silencer for £150 off a mate of a mate. Having found out what ammo it prefers (which was fun) it is far more accurate than I had expected.

It can be difficult for younger lads to get their first FAC's and mentioning anything a bit military looking to your Firearms Licensing Officer probably won't help. As others have said, get yourself a mentor and some decent ground that suits the type of rifle you're after. Be prepared to put yourself forward as a responsible person who is focused on safety and the sport of shooting rather than just the kit. Hopefully it'll be the start of a lifetime of shooting, during which time you can indulge in "fun" type firearms along the way.

Cheers,

Bob

Ben,

I have a GSG5 that is all tricked up with laser, 110 rnd drum magazine, folding stock and the real moderator etc. The guys are right its great for gallery, plinking and having a bit of rapid fire fun but for vermin i would rather use my cz452. The trigger on the GSG5 is a bit mushy, when your in the prone position the standard stick magazine is hitting the ground, once you fit the scope on it the standard stock does not line your eye up very well, accuracey is just fair and never mind how it looks to average joe if he see's you with it. There is lot more rifles out there more suited to vermin and cheaper to.

Ian

Back