Thread: Hi there

Hi there

Just joined so I thought I'd better say hi!
    I've been shooting for 23 years with shotgun, mostly rough shooting but I enjoy clays too.
    I have been shooting with a friends .22lr for the past 6 years and got my own FAC in January.I shoot .17 hmr ,which I love,for rabbits. Will soon be putting in a variation for a C/F, either.222 or .223 with a view to do some foxing and roe stalking. Trying to learn as much as possible at the moment and this looks like the place to get some good advise.

hi there hope you enjoy site.i see you have and have used most of the gun's i have,some advice, i had a 223 for roe and foxes.had to get variation for 243 to shot sika and red,so may be better to try for a 243 instead so as you can stalk them if you want to and you may save money in long run. PS the 243 will do foxes,roe,sika and red

Welcome to the site.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome - love the name!
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Welcome aboard, like the handle.

A couple of comments, if you are not already aware, the BDS branch meets on the first Tuesday in the month and non-members are very welcome:

Secondly, the BDS are concluding a DSC I course this weekend in Bonnyrigg. Given your ambitions, getting your DSC I soon would be helpful.

Regards JCS