unusual quarry last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offroad Gary

spotted this little fella last night - mooching on a rubbish heap whilst out lamping - "glint" was like a fox but when i had a closer look it was something a little smaller.

shot at 160y with 70gn ballistic tip from R93 .243 with archer NV on the back of my swaro 6-24x50 on 20x mag - taken off the wing mirror from the drivers seat of the navara.

I have removed the photo - not needed really

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing for it !!!!!!
Good shot though.

I found a dead mink in the middle of a stubble field the other day, really fresh, no dogs about, maybe a fox killed it, any ideas ?

If it was on a game shoot or farm where there is any sort of poultry it was the best thing for it. A hungry polecat is as bad as a fox.

Well done mate.

point being , it would take a very very good man to tell a polecat from a ferret in daylight , polecats are protected ferrets arent .

why post a picture of that?.... not impressed

couldnt agree more si , we see too much of foxes wearing collars or shot in half , in another recent post SD has made a donation to a childrens unit and i would think one or two of those nurses and such would check the sight out to see what its all about . Come on chaps use your loaf a bit

I must admit,that was my wonder,no proper I.D. and yet a shot taken,it could of been a cat or a dog?.......just saying,not trying to set anything off.

M

I picked it up in the lamp, then looked at it through my scope/archer (40x combined mag). I knew exactly what it was and even waited for it to move off the top of the heap to get a backstop behind it. Nothing wrong with my shooting mate. As for sickening pictures, some of the roebucks I see posted on here make me want to cry, animals with great potential shot before their time by idiots who just want to get a shot off!!!! If anyone needs a ferret finder collar I have one available used, .......

I see quite a lot of similar animals be they polecats/ferrets dead on the road and see quite a few live ones as well. Probably do as much damage as their american relatives. If it had been killed in a tunnel trap would there have been a similar responce?

Good shot anyway and I am suprised somebody hasn't commented if its conditioned on your .243 !!!

D

Having pheasants I would not think twice about getting rid of such an animal before it was causing me problems. As a keeper that is just part of my work and is of no real significance. IMO I see absolutely no good or value in displaying photographs such as this.

Good shot anyway and I am suprised somebody hasn't commented if its conditioned on your .243 !!!

D
There is no doubt about the shooting ability.... just the need to post a pic with half it's body missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back