How to stop damaging bullets when using a bullet puller

Triggermortis

After pulling some bullets with a kinetic hammer from homeloads that were showing signs of pressure i'd noticed that the hammer was leaving marks on the 100g soft points i was using, thereby leaving them usless, I've taken a plug of silicone that had been left in the nozzle of a part used tube of silicone sealant so had gone off and cured,forming a nice uniform conicle shape, cut a piece off of the wider end of the plug and pushed it onto the bottom of the hammer where the bullet and powder are captured , this has acted as a cushion for the bullet and prevents any marking to the bullet head:smug:

Tikkat3

I did the same but used a self adhesive felt circle from IKEA, the kind that you stick to the bottom of furniture legs.
worked a charm

I put a foam ear plug in the bottom of my hammer, works a treat. Hearings getting worse though ;)
Al

Dont your kinetic hammers come with felt inside ? as the hammers ive bought in past have had felt in the bottom which does do the job..for me anyway..no damage to any heads.

Back when they invented the wheel....................... they improved it, it has a rubber tyre on it now! remove your bullet with ease & no visible markings....... get a collet puller!:cool:

Dont your kinetic hammers come with felt inside ? as the hammers ive bought in past have had felt in the bottom which does do the job..for me anyway..no damage to any heads.
Mine did come with a wee felt pad but it was to small and the powder got stuck down the side of it, so it got replaced with an ear plug
Al

Back