Thread: waist bag !!!

waist bag !!!

just ordered my waist bag for stalking and was wondering what i should put in it !!

Sounds like a portable toilet?

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me View Post
    Sounds like a portable toilet?

If that's the case you'll need some loo-roll after all you would'nt want to get caught short!!!

Rgds, Buck
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

bog roll

basic first aid kit

jungle formula ( midge area dependant)

spare knife ..opinel or the like

wee sharpening stone..or blade tec or similar

baby wipes ( even better than no1 bog roll and fair puts a spring in yer step)

choccy bar

sauer /paul

coffee flask!
    water proofs?
    whatever you want really...

Spare laces for your boots if you have to walk any distance on tricky ground.
    A good, but compact, LED torch - quality ones can throw a 100 yard plus beam from something that fits in your hand.
    Glow sticks - I get them off ebay for very little money and as I shoot sika in forestry usually at last light use them to mark where I was when I took the shot, where I thought the deer was and any trail I might follow. Very handy for the job and 3 or 4 are enough.
    I carry some chalk in a little bottle to test the wind and a sika call as well.
    I find it useful to carry some of that red and white tape like what they use around road works or similar to what the police would use to close off a street. It is light and 10 feet of it folds down to nothing. It is ideal for marking the end of a ride, for example, so you come back to the right one with the car to recover the deer. I might also use it to mark an easy crossing point so that I can find it again in the dark when walking back out.
    If stalking a new area I might print out the satellite images from Google and carry them with me - usually just one A4 bit of paper.

+1 on Torch + head lamp.
    drag rope
    cable ties
    small med kit
    bullet pouch with ten rounds in.
    as well as all above.

Quote Originally Posted by bennunn View Post
    just ordered my waist bag for stalking and was wondering what i should put in it !!
    The following thread from earlier in the year covers lots of suggestions as to what to pack:

Whats in you bumbag ?