Thread: H4H - Canoeing the River Severn

H4H - Canoeing the River Severn

I am posting to try and drum up some support for a charity that I know is supported by many members on these forums. On the weekend of the 14-16th October a few pals and myself are going to canoe the navigable part of the River Severn to raise money for Help for Heroes.

It's about 127 mile in total. We will be doing it in 2 Canadian canoes which most of us have never sat in before, let alone paddled! What can possibly go wrong?

If you would like to know more the team page is at (There is also a link to my personal page on there).

If anyone is in the area of the River Severn on that weekend please feel free to throw money (in to the bucket preferably), hurl insults or just generally take the mick out of our bad rowing as we sail by. It will all be appreciated and keep us amused in our challenge

Regards & thanks
    A pat on the back is often just a recce for the knife.

I'm back from North of the border next week will be planing a fishing trip that weekend, when do you rekon you will between Shrewsbury and Buildwas.
    I'll put a new elastic in me bait catty special.
    Keep an eye out on the Prince Albert stretches there a right bunch of miserable sods.

We should be doing that stretch on Saturday. Look forward to any insults/encouragement.

Any chance you can fit some real ale bottles in the catty? I reckon I'll need a pint or two by the time we get that far
    A pat on the back is often just a recce for the knife.

I'll see you at Gloucester Docks with some pennies ... as long as you change "rowing" to "paddling"
    Last edited by baconbuttie; 06-10-2011 at 10:32.