Rifle ranges in Glasgow or surrounding areas?

davidm

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me of any rifle ranges which shoot deer legal calibre near Glasgow (if none the closest) where I could go along and like the many clay shooting grounds where tuition and gun are supplied and get some practice,as I don't have my FAC yet but need to get some practice in for my dsc 1 which I hope to take very soon.

Hello davidm,If you pm a friend of mine " private fraser " I sure he would be able to help you,cheers lee

Thanks very much Lee and Den, both pms sent as any help will be a great help.
Thanks again David

Widows Son

Is Dechmount still in operation.
I heard that it was only for Cadets and at 25 yards only.
I belive someone shot a .243 and it went through a locals window hence it was stopped, maybe just hearsay.

Regards

DavieH

Does anyone on here shoot the target club at Bearsden? Swithering about joining

I really wouldn't......anal....uptight....you have no idea.

I recommend Clyde Valley Pistol Club at Larkhall. Just off Jnc 8 of the M74, open mon, tues, thurs, fri nights. Regularly shoot black powder, 22 semi autos, 22 target and all pistol calibres indoors with regular weekend shoots at Blair Adam & Faslane. Yearly subs are £120.

Oi, Rab...is Dechmount still in operation?

Davie M I still shoot Dechmount and have done for the last 30 years shoot out to 300mtr

Last edited:
I really wouldn't......anal....uptight....you have no idea.

I recommend Clyde Valley Pistol Club at Larkhall. Just off Jnc 8 of the M74, open mon, tues, thurs, fri nights. Regularly shoot black powder, 22 semi autos, 22 target and all pistol calibres indoors with regular weekend shoots at Blair Adam & Faslane. Yearly subs are £120.

Oi, Rab...is Dechmount still in operation?

Cheers, I was only thinking about it as it was down under the ggow uni sports. I'd have joined if they did more clays tbh. Thanks again for the info!

Back