Thread: Trust your instinct (Sporting Rifle October)

Trust your instinct (Sporting Rifle October)

Just been reading Trust your instinct, by Robert Bucknell.

I agree with most things he says right up to the bit when he tell us a Mini pickup with a good pair of grippy tyres on the back wheels will go places a modern 4x4 would struggle.
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.

Yes, I saw that one as well.
    It seems strange that someone who really does know a lot about shooting foxes does not know which are the driving wheels on a mini.
    Or was it just a typo?

Ahh unless its been converted to rear wheel drive? have seen the odd mini rally car thats been done over the years,but to be honest I would have thought they have all rotted away years ago

Maybe it was a mini moke in drag? having said that, years ago i used to shoot on a fruit farm where they had a fleet of mini pickups that were used around the orchards, with a set of Avon "mud & snow tyres" on the front (driving) wheels they went pretty much anywhere and didn't churn the place up too much.

The Mini was one of the best rally cars ever made,and a pick up with less weight on the back wheels would make it a decent off roader.

AAhh!, the mini pick-up, spent many a morning after feeding the mooks in the back of one, speeding off to the transport caff at Dunkirk, for an all in English , paid for by a certain Mr Cadwalladr,................... now I remember why I turned out such a f*t b*strd!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!