Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 Tyre Advice

4x4 Tyre Advice

Lads i'm looking for a set of tyres for my 4x4 in 265/70/R17

Can anyone recommend a make model and supplier please.

I had a set of Maxxis 753 Mud Terrain which were fantastic but apparently Maxxis no longer manufacture them.

I'm looking for a good deep aggressive pattern at a reasonable cost.

Telephone numbers of reliable suppliers would be ideal also.

Strathearn Tyres in Creiff, ask for Jim.

goodyear all terrain , get an online quote from etyres

Love General Tire At2 - maybe not agressive enough for your needs? Get mine from GT Tyres Forres.
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

I've had Insa Turbo remoulds on my Shogun for a year - excellent tyre from the Tyre Spot - around 70 each.

You'd be hard pushed to beat BF Goodrich Mud Terrains TBH. Commercially should be readily available in most reputable fitters. That's what I'm planning for my navara when I can afford it, which is coincidently the size your after.
    Last edited by aliS; 06-10-2011 at 17:38.

Take your pick here

Cooper STT are good (if they are going to get some in soon) and the Kumho KL71 are also a good trye.

I have BFG AT on my shogun and they are good but if i was choosing (and there was something available in the size) i would have had something a bit more beefy

Insa Turbo Dakars, Google it there is usually somebody doing a deal on 4. Recommended to me by a mate who has been the Scottish Landrover Owners Club RTV champion for the last 4 years. Mine have now done 32,000 some of this being hard off roading. They cope very well in mud/rock etc yet quiet on the road and handle well for a 80/20 tyre. If you want something extreme the Insa Turbo Traction is 100% off road giving excellent traction in all conditions.

got kumho kl71's on my l200 and would not recommend. Good grip in the mud and were quiet when new but wore really quickly. I have done 10k miles with them and they almost need changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Love General Tire At2 - maybe not agressive enough for your needs? Get mine from GT Tyres Forres.
    General Grabber AT2 are similar to BF Goodrich but more price realistic, I know a good few lads who swear by them, they have a decent grip as the name suggests!
    "No matter how much you do.....there's always plenty more!"