Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fallow rut

fallow rut

i was out yesterday evening and heard the first fallow grunt this year, thought it was a bit early. anyone else hear anything yet

Yep, yesterday as well - two weeks earlier than last year

Yes they started last night some very nice big bucks showing !

yes had a prickit and a good buck defo rutting in reading area last night but not yet in northants at local forest

Heard a few grunts this evening from different heards with in a 5 mile radius.

I was up last Saturday morn just walking with the dog on the edge of Ashdown Forest and as soon i left the garden i heard a buck croaking.
    We walked into it but beat there by another dog walker.
    I thought at the time, early!

Heard the first rumblings this morning near Oxford. It's time my luck changed so will be there early next weekend.

went out yesterday to try for a buck in an area where there are a lot of does, never seen any deer but was hoping to see the start of the Fallow rut.

Rutting full tilt in Midhurst area, had a sorrel and a mature buck his week, both stinking to high heaven with empty stomachs. This morning I stalked in on a buck on a stand who look completely knackered, poor lad could hardly walk. Plenty of groaning going on.

Don't you just love this time of the year !!

Only getting the first signs of the rut starting here in the west of Northern Ireland. Hopefully start and see a few more bucks about now, cos all i've been seeing is hinds and calves.