Thread: Teckel pups ready now

Teckel pups ready now

I have two bitch Teckel pups left for sale, KC reg, from imported parents.
    check out Darswed Teckel web site for more information. Ready now.

Fantastic little pups, love the last pup in teckels misbehaving and the one in tickeling a teckel. Really want a deer dog but need to learn more about trainning first.

Thanks, they are certainly full of life ! trouble is they are starting to show their working sides now and spend most of the day shaking the living daylights out of each other !
    As stated I only have two bitches left, I only had one dog and I could have sold 5-6 dogs ! very strange.
    I am keeping one bitch myself but I may even keep two with the idea of training one up to sell at a later stage.
    Does anyone think think there may be a market for part/fully trained deer dogs ??

Hi ABC

I think there could be a market for part or fully trained dogs, Would you agree with me you need a bond with your dog whitch really comes from when you get a dog from pup ? Im a big fan of getting a pup as young as possible, 8 weeks. I love terriers and have only bought pups from people i know. your pups look fantastic, heathly and well looked after, and im sure you are one of the best in your area. I want a good pup for deer stalking but i need to learn, i have very good referances from people in your area PM me if you want to take this off line.

I will be perfectly honest with you on this one, over the years I have found it makes little difference whether you have the dog from a pup. The most important thing I have found is that you must actually like the dog, whatever the age. I have had dogs in from pups to two or three years for training, and have still "bonded" with most (with one or two exceptions )
    My own Teckel was 10 months old when I imported her, and we immediately hit it off.
    Some people actually find it an advantage to miss the puppy stage out, and all the " hassle " ( to some ) that goes with it. Especially the time involved.
    But I must admit In an ideal situation I would prefer a pup as you say.

Ok, but at this stage i think its me who needs the training at this present time, i know some of the best guys in your area that possibly you will know, i want to learn before i get a pup.

you are certainly going down the right route ! too many people do it the other way round and end up wasting a good dog.
    Good luck.