The darkside !

smudge262

ok folks i have decided to go over to the darkside and purchase a blaser ! problem being i shoot a 7mm08 at the moment and cant decide which caliber to go with ! 6.5 x 55 270 or 308.
whats your thoughts guys
i am slightly drawn towards the 270

Well..I have a t8 mod and it is fine. I have a hyme which is unmoded also and it is not too bad. When I am shooting a deer it is no worse than a .243. The flash and boom can leave a fair impression..may even call it life changing. :D

i remember shooting my mates 270 without a mod at a bds activity day ! most of the poeple present were police, feos , wild life cops etc ! they stood and watched the range with most people using mods until i let one go through the 270 without a mod there were people diving for cover shouting what the duck was that !!!

i remember shooting my mates 270 without a mod at a bds activity day ! most of the poeple present were police, feos , wild life cops etc ! they stood and watched the range with most people using mods until i let one go through the 270 without a mod there were people diving for cover shouting what the duck was that !!!

It is worth it just for that. Fire one on the edge of dark..shock and awe.

they will still make it as a special order, as long as the have barrel blanks with the correct diameter bore many specials can be order, with a 4-6 month wait.

e-mail Monika Alexander at Blaser. monika.alexander@blaser.de They don't make .25-06Rem either, but I asked and she confirmed they would do it.
The reply came within a few hours.
I bought the rifle, a K95 Luxus in .25-06 via Gregor MacLeod eight years ago.
If they had the tooling/reamer, I'd be a bit surprised if they couldn't/wouldn't make a 7mm 08 barrel for you.
Cheers, :old:

:lol: what you meant was if the plant that makes the barrels for Blaser can fit them in then you might get one :stir: of course providing you wish to wait forever and the wind is in the right direction and moon phase is right when you order it.

Why not simplfy things and get a 7mm Mauser or a proper rifle :norty:.

its not listed anymore

smudge they did them for R 93
but not for the R 8 at this moment in time maybe in the future who knows ?
if your really quick try mulliner guns in dorset he had a brand new barrel in 7 08 a few weeks back
I shot 7 08 with a sako but sold the gun then bought the R 8 in 30 . 06 with a 243 barrel as well
sticking with the 30 .06 at the mo love the rifle cant see me ever changing
if you get one just enjoy it and ignore the snipers :D there seems to be plenty
regards pete .

Back