Thread: 1st Buck of The Season

1st Buck of The Season

Travelled to a new piece of ground last night, was runnign a little late, and after some faffing around at the farm we (me and the dog (GWP) ) got out and into position. Kept checking the wind as it was swining around all over the place. Nothing showing ... then the dog set up alert i was looking forward saw nothing, glanced to my right, standing about 6yds from us was a Buck. He must have wandered up the hedge, he was looking stright at us. There was a "Huff" and he bounced of about 40 yds and stopped... looked back paused and made off to about 120 yds i had brought the rifle round , found him in the sights, he was still watching us with a slight pressure on the trigger, down he went.... neck shot .
    Put the dog on the long lead and set of to find him, she went stright to him, she had marked the drop.... dressed out he weighed 105 lbs + the pic of the scales show 105 might be a little more, had a good evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0176.jpg   IMAG0181.jpg   IMAG0182.jpg   IMAG0183.jpg  

Nice write up and pics!