Sika Stalking In Ireland

Big Yan

Hi I am new to this Forum stuff, but lets see if it works. Does anyone know of any decent Sika stalking over in Ireland and Chinese Water Deer Over Here?

Many Thanks

Lets See

Ireland is ok but you can get excellent stalking in scotland red.. roe.. sika.. even pockets of wild boar.. some good fallow.. and i can arrange muntjac too.. give me a call if any of thats interesting for you .. i can arrange top bed and breakfast too .. level 2 witnessing.. you name it i can arrange it.. 07835113310 or 07739187682

Big Yan said:
I want to come over sometime next year and stalk some of those lovely Irish Sika

No problem - fly into Dublin with your rifle having pre arranged the import paperwork.

Hire a car or minibus between friends - drive 45 minutes south into Wicklow and meet up with John Fenton. Move to a B&B just across the bridge from a lovely little pub serving Guiness as it should be.

http://www.thewicklowway.ie/index.php/Donard-Co-Wicklow.html

Hunt your ass off in an area with the sort of deer numbers you have not seen previously!

Highly recommended.

Enjoy!

rgds Ian

Oooh that sounds interesting lots of deer hunting one's ass off sounds the makings of a plan :lol:

If you want some company big yan give us a shout dude 8)

Go for it! :)

John used to be known as 'Mr Sika' and did a lot of business with the likes of Diana - the recently insolvent top class hunting outfitter.

If he was still tied in with them, there is a fair chance he will have some spare slots - otherwise, he needs to be booked well in advance.

I went over on a cull package, though trophy stags were available as well as a few wild goats. The grounds are excellent, and if you are proved reliable, he is not above giving you a map of a block and suggesting you hunt it yourself. Conversely, he has some excellent guys working with him as stalkers to ensure you get into the beasts asp.

IanandSikastag.jpg

Open hill stalking, thick pine forest interspersed with rides, boggy valley bottoms - whatever 'your' stalking preference, its there!

One thing that is not in doubt is the sheer volume of deer running around - I have never seen such a concentration of animals. Expect to be taking 2-3 per day.

Great place to go as a party - the pub is stalker friendly, and well used to small mobs of blokes dressed like trees, each with a severe Guinness dehydration problem! :)

Rgds Ian

Im up for this myself so anybody else thinking of taking the trip and wanting to share transport etc please get in touch.. much better to share an evening meal and a few bevvies with a like minded folk after a good days stalking... Great photo ianf

IanF said:
Go for it! :)

John used to be known as 'Mr Sika' and did a lot of business with the likes of Diana - the recently insolvent top class hunting outfitter.

If he was still tied in with them, there is a fair chance he will have some spare slots - otherwise, he needs to be booked well in advance.

I went over on a cull package, though trophy stags were available as well as a few wild goats. The grounds are excellent, and if you are proved reliable, he is not above giving you a map of a block and suggesting you hunt it yourself. Conversely, he has some excellent guys working with him as stalkers to ensure you get into the beasts asp.

IanandSikastag.jpg

Open hill stalking, thick pine forest interspersed with rides, boggy valley bottoms - whatever 'your' stalking preference, its there!

One thing that is not in doubt is the sheer volume of deer running around - I have never seen such a concentration of animals. Expect to be taking 2-3 per day.

Great place to go as a party - the pub is stalker friendly, and well used to small mobs of blokes dressed like trees, each with a severe Guinness dehydration problem! :)

Rgds Ian
john has noting to do with diana ,he is a agent for sparta hunting club .

Many thanks - I recalled John doing business with a large Scandi hunting organization, but was unsure as to which one.

Very glad to hear he will not have been caught by the collapse of Diana.

Rgds Ian

new to this forum so hi

i have been to john fentons a good few times,but i have always drove and used the ferry.
the place is busting with beasts,never seen so many beasts anywhere.
if you do go you will be sure to go back again and again.

camathias

Back