Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: land rovers help

land rovers help

I am a novice stalker in Hampshire looking to buy a land rover have the option of long or short wheel base both 1998 vehicles short wheel base 92,000 m private seller I know the garage who have looked after the vehicle, no known probs 3,000 pounds . the long wheel base has only 52,000 miles but is a bit of a shed as company fleet vehicle. 3,800 pounds,
    apart from use for getting in and out of stalking grounds I want to use it for lamping, some people say the long wheel base is less stable being more likly to slide about and have less traction, (its very wet where I live)

anybody have any ideas

lwb more room,handling is downto the ability of the driver.
    why a landy?
    there is better

doc get yourself a suzuki jeep put a big sunroof in the top and a good set of chunky tyres on it go anywhere do anything vechile

was thinking of a toyota truck, but the offer of above came up and I am fed up with all the crap from fishing and hunting being in my car when I go to work on monday, it stinks !!
    Thanks for the advice will have to get something soon though

Yup I had a suzuki jeep on off the proper ones not the hairdressers specials
    It was soft top built a roll bar out of scaff tubing big tyres awesome little tool only sold it as I got a rangey cheap

Where we used it was literally a swamp, we got it stuck on one occasion but 3 of us pushed it out up to our knees in mud !!! Try doing that with a landy no chance

legal my point exactly i own a disco and a suzuki i know which one id want to be driving when it gets shitty

I had a disco would do all the things i wanted it to but rolled a lot on cornering
    SWB defender should do a lot more
    LWB i would be worried of bottoming out
    Can get spares anywhere

part of our lives revolves around stinky cars n vans ,and countryside *****!!! wish I traded in my cmax for a 4x4 , but I got grandkids to transport x3 !!! Hey thinking on it , any kid /wife friendly / go anywhere stuff out there !!! Doc Apologies for nicking your thread but it may also answer the question . Get the mrs to clean the car/ on sunday, after your shoot/ stalk. on monday it will smell nice !!I am a clever boy!!!

I had a 110 pick-up which was OK but there was always something going wrong with it or needing doing. OK, parts are cheap but it gets a bit tiresome after a while
    Bought a double cab Hilux, much better bit of kit . Far better in mud than the 110 as it has a proper diff lock to drive both rear wheels. My landy diff lock only locked up the centre diff and if you were traversing a slope the uphill wheels would spin and you wouldn't get anywhere

Thanks guys, misses not to kean on the cleaning bit !!!!

Have been told that the older ???200 engine better anybody got an ideas ?

better shoot some deer ans rabbits after all this !