25.06 'Quick Load' Question ?

Bill Wapiti

Hi all, i have been helping a mate set up his 'new' second hand Remington Sendero...the first load we tried groups well, just wondering if anyone has a ballistic programme that may give us a rough idea of the muzzel velocity....

The load is 51 grains of Reloader 19 - CCI large primer - 100 grain Speer Hot Cor .369 BC,
26 inch barrel.....

I think thats all thats needed....any ideas, help really appreciated - Cheers - Angus

Could do with the OAL too. Your 51gr load is 2gr BELOW the Speer book START load for 100gr bullets. You may want to check your load data. Quickload gives a velocity of somewhere around 3000fps but it's not usually very accurate.

Thanks for that - Strewth ! conflicting load data....will have to go back to the Lee manual, sorry not with me at the moment......ok will keep in touch and thanks again for your help and time - Angus

Can't really help with quickload data....However, I use 53gns H4350, Rem 9 1/2 primer, Sierra 1620 100gn bullet & Rem. brass trimmed to 2.484". Bullet seating depth on mine with comparator measurement is: 2.871" +/- 0"
Don't use this load data without working up to it carefully.

My barrel is 20.5" long and from the above load I achieve a chrono reading of 3310 fps with an extreme spread of 22fps.
IMR4350 max is 52gns and is also a pretty consistant propellant with this bullet, giving similar results in my rifle..
Cheers, :old:

Back