Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sako 75 or 85

sako 75 or 85

hi i have a sako 75 at the momment and have realy enjoyed using it, i am now getting another cal and was going back for another sako but what was wandering if the new 85 was realy worth the extra cash i have read the some articals about the 85 safty mag systm .
    also where is a good dealer at a good price

Cheers ivor

If it were me i would go for the SAKO 85 It has an improved bolt system but to be fair they are both good rifles. But they wont compare to my sauer so i will stick with it

sako 75 or 85

Taking it you live in the Shropshire area so have you tried Morgans of Oswestry (ask for the gun room), last time I popped in they had a number of very competitevely priced 75 and 85's on offer along with some nice t3's.
    Another place in Shropshire is the bog at Minsterly or a little further a filed is the shop in Wensbury west mid or Valley arms at Ruthin across the border in North Wales.

Hope these are a help

hi i went up to minsterly ranges about a fortnight ago no selection at all in the sako's will give morgans a try cheers
    6.5x55 what would you say are the best bits of the sauer and how much more generally are they

thanks ivor

The sauer is smooth and silent like me it is black like me , with a nice fluted barrel . It has the best mounting system on a rifle with a built in weaver rail. Deadly accurate out of the box has a set trigger leaving at a nice crisp 1lb . Its is a couple of pounds lighter than the sako, I paid 1100 from new with rings ready to shoot.
    Did i say you can take it apart and change barrels for other calibres .
    Al weather with a Teflon coat. Sorry no tiger stripes and you cant get camo so if your a serious stalker you need not apply

Hi Shropshire lad,

Morgans will order you what you want but hadn't got many cf rifles in last week when i called in. they ordered a ouple of Beneli's for my mate on a sale or return basis and they were in within a week he bought the one he wanted and they sent the other back.
    In contrast he went to the bog first and paid up front, waited 3 weeks to be told it would take up to another month. NB Cambers on the cressage road have a few rifles in and will order you anything you want. the owner is a keen stalker. Wynstay farmers in oswestry have just opened a new gunroom so might be good for a deal. Garlands at stafford have a fair bit of kit and is deffinately worth a phone call.

hope this helps, Ezzy.

Actually while we are on the subject, any of you know a gunshop relativly local to shrewsbury that carries a stock of reloading components?
    i need too find a selection of 6.5 bullets and some re22 but none local

I love my 85 and would recommend anyone to buy one

thanks for those details ezzy6.5 there is a small gun shop in bell vue shrewsbury but isnt open much so call ahead to check
    leusak which model do you have i wasnt going for a synthetic

Thanks ivor

I have the wood laminate in stainless with a Jet-Z mod, I recommend you pop into a local shop and pick one up to try. I was going for a T3 untill I picked up the 85, lifelong purchase so worth the extra.