Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New swarovski range finding biono's

Smile New swarovski range finding biono's

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get a pair yet and if so what do they think of them?

I have been eagerly awaiting their arrival for a couple of years now and really hope they live upto expectation's.

ATB Sussexstalker

I got a pair of 10x42 yesterday, it took me a minute to get both the eyes focusing correct, but once done superb, easy to set the display to prefered settings and hard to see any difference compared to my 10x42 el's.

I had a pair of Leica RFB in 15X56 and they were hopeless so i am back to the 8.5 EL's and a Leica LRF1200, the perfect pair and if one is damaged or is in need of repair you still have the other. A bit better than cramming both into one.

Ya got a point there
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

One thing that would concern me is that Swarovski make a big thing about having 90% light transmission in each tube which, as I understand it, is impressive and class leading for optics with electronics on board. What they have stopped making a big noise about is that their regular binos have light transmission of something like 99%. I'm no expert but that seems like one hell of a reduction, and leaves me wondering how it would effect low light performance. I'll be the first to admit I may had got this wrong, in which case, I will start saving.

i tried them at MGF last month until i tried rangefinder and due to a lazy left eye i had to look down and left for the reading. I was informed by the chap on the stand that the reason is the lazer goes out from the right tube and is recieved in the left tube. The clarity was fantastic and after a couple of minutes of drooling i got used to looking down and could read the distances.

The swarovski agent was mega knowledgable and if i had the money i would have brought a pair.

I then tried the zeiss and the battery was flat but very similar in quality but i could read the display better as it seemed to be central. Zeiss agent seemed not to know that much about his product. I will give him benefit of the doubt as it was Sunday and he was probably fed up.

Tried Leicas and again very similar but found a leakage of the red display.

Still saving up to purchase my own/ Ideal world Swarovskis or Zeiss due to budget will probably be leica.

Am I right in say'n these new Swarovski's are'nt HD ?

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Am I right in say'n these new Swarovski's are'nt HD ?

Rgds, Buck.
    Yes mate, they're the older EL's with laser quest stuff in them!

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Yes mate, they're the older EL's with laser quest stuff in them!
    Thanks for that digger.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

i have just had the new Swarovski brochure for the range finder binoculars and they are HD.