Breathing control

Hi hotshot and welcome to the forum.

You better go introduce yourself in the introduction section before admin give you a slap on arse.

What sort of problems do you find you get? The key to all good shooting is to relax, if you are still new to shooting maybe you are just still a little to excited therefore maybe the best thing to do is shoot down range more and get a little practice in? Get yourself more acustomed to firing a rifle, just a thought.

Ali

Keeping calm, relaxed to keep the adrenalin at bay certainly helps, use your inhaliler, with regular exersise & walking, it will soon come to gether.
3 deep breaths before a shot ,letting the last out slowly will steady your heart rate for the precision shot also. keep safe & Good luck.

I shoot on the natural 2 second pause between exhale and inhale( lungs almost empty) your ribs are at their most stable at that point. ( lay prone with your rifle and fill your lungs you'll feel how unstable you are compared to lungs empty) you can extend the pause a second or so but don't hold your breath your vision will start to fade very slightly if held too long. IME holding your breath halfway creates vertical stringing of your shots if you don't hold at the same point of lung fill each time. I have mild asthma and it works for me.

I suffer from ashma, when im going on the hill i take my inhaler as soon as i step out of they vechile to try and prevent any form of attack. But when im either in the park or woodland stalking i dont bother take ing it. Bare in mind some inhaler's while they are prevention they can at times make you shake via your hands etc. hence the reason i take mine inhaler early. But like the other chaps mention theses breathing tec-nics work well, hope this helps.

Hi hotshot and welcome to the forum.

The key to all good shooting is to relax, if you are still new to shooting maybe you are just still a little to excited therefore maybe the best thing to do is shoot down range more and get a little practice in? Get yourself more acustomed to firing a rifle, just a thought.

Ali

100%. The more familiar with making a shot that you are, the calmer you are, and the less cardiac demand you will have. Shoot, shoot, shoot.~Muir

I suffer from ashma, when im going on the hill i take my inhaler as soon as i step out of they vechile to try and prevent any form of attack. But when im either in the park or woodland stalking i dont bother take ing it. Bare in mind some inhaler's while they are prevention they can at times make you shake via your hands etc. hence the reason i take mine inhaler early. But like the other chaps mention theses breathing tec-nics work well, hope this helps.

You must be hit'n the Ventolin (blue) then weeman. I often notice this on my son, who also suffers from asthma.

Question do you use a preventer Beclometasone (brown) ?

Atb, Buck.

You must be hit'n the Ventolin (blue) then weeman. I often notice this on my son, who also suffers from asthma.

Question do you use a preventer Beclometasone (brown) ?

Atb, Buck.
No mate its the brickinol sorry ventolin does work with me. i dont use a preventer as my ashma isn't bad enough according to the doctors cause my peakflow is to high on a regular basis to ware'nt one. Its not often i need it to be honest but im really allergic to dogs and filthy houses with dust. which i gutted cause i'd love a dog being involved with deer stalking. But my ashma has improved tenfold since i moved from the city to Cumbria, a few people told me cause by moving to Cumvria it might get worse due to the rain causeing damp but like i said its so much better.

Weeman

Back