Rivers West clothing?

flytie

Anyone used the Rivers West clothing?

I would be interested in what you think to the 10 year waterproof claim and the durability of the products?

Simon

Here is a note I wrote to them the other day. "I just wanted to drop you a quick line to let you know how awesome your products are. I have just returned from Scotland where my jacket got a proper wet weather test. On our final day up we got stuck on top of the hill with the rain hammering down. All the others took up shelter behind various rocks. I decided to test the gear, after one hour of sitting on top of rock in rain I can only compare to being in a shower I was still as dry as a bone. Cracking kit, well done."

Errr it was the Lynx Jacket which is actually for ladies. :oops:

The sales man at bush wear managed to convince me into trying it as it was all they had in stock.

It is not cut for a lady at all so I kept it and I have not looked back at all.

Hi Simon - I've got a Field Pro smock; in kept the water out when I got my kids to turn the hospipe on to test it....they weren't shy in trying to drench me and I had a pale T-shirt on underneath so any ingress would be easy to spot......bone dry underneath. Very waterproof, warm and windproof: up to now, seems like a 160 quid well spent.

ATB

Merlin

This is good to hear chaps!

I have just ordered a smock and trousers (in Max-4) from John Forsey. I had done some searches on the site and all seemed positive, but it was worth a check.

I have orderd the Max-4 as I also do some wildfowling too and have found the old wetlands pattern jacket I have a real boon while stalking. It is the only jacket I have worn where deer have come up and sniffed me. I like the colouring, a lot. It seems to fade into just about anything. The only problems with my old jacket (LL Bean) is that it is too warm and not very breathable. They have cold winters in Maine!

I have heard good reports about Rivers West, but it is nice to know that people are actually using the stuff and finding it worthwhile. Thank you.

Simon

I was at Mike Dickinson's range the other day and he had a stalking cancellation which I took up. I hadn't got all my kit with me so Mike lent me a pair of Rivers West trousers and they were fantastic, we were lying out on a fairly open Peak District hillside in a sharp breeze and I felt perfectly warm in them. They were also a nice fit and well made. Can anyone tell me who are the UK retailers of this kit please?

Anyone used the Rivers West clothing?

I would be interested in what you think to the 10 year waterproof claim and the durability of the products?

Simon

Best jackets and pants I ever had. Have ranger in camo and green, the first one for more than 5 years. No problems whatsoever.

hi there lads i use rivers west clothing and i must say i stalk with it everyday and it is the best iv come across it is so water proof it is unreal iv got the smock,trousers,light wight jacket and hoody im very impressed as most of you no that i work at calton moor range and we are a stockest so if ud like to have a look at my kit then ur welcome to come and look anytime i cant say enuf about it think everybody should use rivers west kit

thanks dweeb

hi there lads i use rivers west clothing and i must say i stalk with it everyday and it is the best iv come across it is so water proof it is unreal iv got the smock,trousers,light wight jacket and hoody im very impressed as most of you no that i work at calton moor range and we are a stockest so if ud like to have a look at my kit then ur welcome to come and look anytime i cant say enuf about it think everybody should use rivers west kit

thanks dweeb

Dweeb, that's some recommendation! If you are using the gear day in and day out with no problems then i should have no fear of buying the gear! I look forward to mine arriving and being able to try it out.

Thanks again, Simon

hi there lads i stock the rivers west clothing and can get anything you want in a few days from ordering if ud like anymore info or order any gear and can also post to anywere just give me a ring on 01538 308697

thanks mike

I was at Mike Dickinson's range the other day and he had a stalking cancellation which I took up. I hadn't got all my kit with me so Mike lent me a pair of Rivers West trousers and they were fantastic, we were lying out on a fairly open Peak District hillside in a sharp breeze and I felt perfectly warm in them. They were also a nice fit and well made. Can anyone tell me who are the UK retailers of this kit please?

have a look here for shops that sell rivers west gear Store_Finder_UK

i was stalking in Scotland last week and even 2 of the stalkers had the rivers west pro field smock on with ranger trousers

I was working from home today, and after a morning spent trawling over excel spreadsheets, thought I'd take the dogs down to the beach at lunchtime for a spot of fresh air.

As it was a wee bit breezy :eek:, I thought I'd wear my RW pro-smock - let's see just how windproof it REALLY is.....

I stepped out of the car on the beach and nearly got blown over - and I'm not exactly a streak of p**s....it was blowing up an absolute tree-bender.

The smock? Brilliant. Absolutely windproof, very snug. It was a cold wind whipping right off the sea, but I was nicely warm inside.

I'm starting to wonder if this could be the best jacket that I've yet bought....:D

(....and as a small aside, an honourable mention has to also go to the Macwet Climatec gloves I had. Toasty pinkies!!)

Is it a quiet material outside? I note on cold days that often the liners go hard and 'crackle' a bit on some of the WP gear around the place.

After a few days I had a phonecall from a nice lady from John Forsey's. Unfortunately they do not do the smock in Max-4, even though it is on their web-site.

Due to an unforseen expnse I will have to wait until I re-order from another supplier, I will probably go for the olive drab in both smock and trousers.

It's a shame as I really rate the Max-4 pattern.

Simon

after reading these reviews i,m gonna take the plunge and go for the pro smock anyone know who is doing the best deal on them at the minute, thanks

Back