putting in the hours

apollo

We went out on sunday evening to try for a boar as they had been coming to the camera between 8.30 and 10.30 we arrived at around 8.00 and got comfy but the wind was strong and gusty, after a few hours we heard some twigs cracking and the tell tale grunting that told of the imminent arrival of the sounder but as they got to the fence line one of them took a few deep intakes of air and gave the get the bugger out of here grunts and they were away into the forest.
So we went again on tuesday but wind was high and nothing showed only a half decent muntie buck.

So it was back up last night as the wind dropped and the cloud was on/off so a real good night to sit out, we arrived at 8.00 and sat ready for a while and only heard badgers and a fallow buck in the distnce groaning away to anyone who would listen, we had decided we would only stay till 10.30 as we both had work early but about quarter past we were ready to pack it in but had been hearing some cracking to our left on a lane running into the forest, we listened and we also startied hearing noises to the right and as i watched through the night vision the feild lit up from the invisible glow on the camera in the corner of the forest as two pigs started feeding infront of it and soon they were all out feeding all 10 of them but they spooked eachother and ran towards the lane and we thought our chance had gone but they came towards us from the left and started feeding about 20 yards away, my man with the gun got on the rest and followed them looking for the right animal and shaking like a sheffeild councilor he managed to bag a nice 100 pounder

DSCN2899.jpg

Nice one Eddie,

We have't been yet too many grockles wandering the woods still with this fine weather, any way I don't enjoy it until I'm sat in -15 :D

Wayne

do you know wayne im the same it has to freeze the snot up your snout to make it an enjoyable night...lol we dragged that last one out at 23.07 and they was back under the seat at 02.36 all be it very cautious, talk about keen...lol

Nice one, I've done a few all nighters & still haven't had a shoot, the farmer likes to point out the damage though

do you know wayne im the same it has to freeze the snot up your snout to make it an enjoyable night...lol we dragged that last one out at 23.07 and they was back under the seat at 02.36 all be it very cautious, talk about keen...lol

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol: I thought I was going to die one night last year, took me ages to thaw out against the missus when I got to bed:D

I went to see Sean and invested in some serious cold weather kit after the -15 of last year. I can hardly walk when I got it all on but it's toasty.

Wayne

ha ha ha ha ha ha...only trouble is dressed like the michelin man its tough getting into the highseat and walking any distance ill just be a toughie ans wear my string vest and extra large Y fronts...lol

ha ha ha ha ha ha...only trouble is dressed like the michelin man its tough getting into the highseat and walking any distance ill just be a toughie ans wear my string vest and extra large Y fronts...lol

Sorry mate but that aint an image I want in my head :lol:

Back