wild boar autumn watch

pj1

hi lads and lasses.

just been on the autumn watch web site as im quite keen to see a good selection of what is happening across the country and looked at the discussion on wild boar culling.

got to about the tenth comment and lost the will to live.
had to come back on this site to be revived. do people loose all sense of reallity when it comes to wild animals. i admit that being london born and bred that i didnt really understand the countryside until i went to agricultural college but come on surely people can see beyong cute and cuddly.

one comment said that we should use the meat and skin. great i thought until i read on. it tunrs out the person commenting thought that the boar are just shot for the sake of it. and i guess just left.

is it me

regards pj

hi lads and lasses.
i admit that being london born and bred that i didnt really understand the countryside until i went to agricultural college but come on surely people can see beyong cute and cuddly.

I don't suppose that you had many of your school mates in agricultural college with you (being London born and bred).

My favourite one so far... "Dragons"??? Obviously not the fire breathing ones, there wouldn't be anything much more dangerous than those...

I hope poor ickle goldyfinch realises that Santa doesn't really force reindeer to fly without any wings.

• Comment number 10.

At 21:09 7th Oct 2011, goldyfinch wrote: I think that the presenters are right. As soon as any of our wildlife gets too big or a threat to livestock, we just decide to kill it! How about for once we give our beautiful british wildlife- which I personally am so proud of- their right to live alongside us? People in India and pretty much everywhere else in the world live with big cats, bears, dragons and much more dangerous but beautiful animals, so why cant we?

glad others are thinking on the same lines as i. doing pest control for a living i see lots of people who feel bad for killing things and i can understand to some extent the regret felt but people just go off on one when it comes to wildlife.

glad others have felt the same. i guess the dragons are (komodo) type so gave them the benefit of the dought but maybe they really do believe in dragons and flying reindeer

A lot of those comments are from townie woman so you know they won't know their arse from their elbow to start with and don't rule out vegetarians to.

I love the comment about reintroducing wolves back into the UK! I guess they haven't heard what has happened to the wildlife and people living it the northern states of America since they did just that in 1995.

Back