But of all the concerts that I've done
For the homeless overseas
The one I did that pleased me most
Was not for refugees.

'Twas for a home in Ireland
That stands amongst the trees,
The Sunshine Home in Dublin
For blind Irish Referees!

It was a yellow card offence, never a red card.

Simon

was not even a yellow card in my book, a penalty was all the sanction required. Alan Rolland is usually a better referee than that!

He has effectively killed the game !

Mr Rolland will have a very difficult time if he ever visits the Millennium Stadium in the future.

Wales deffinately have a challenge on there hands now!! No way a red card though!

Good Luck!

was not even a yellow card in my book, a penalty was all the sanction required. .

It is up to the tackler to make sure he releases the man tackled in a safe manner, especially in the case of a possible "spear" tackle. Yellow card was the correct decision, in no way was it a red card offence.

I think 16 men against 14 is unfair, especially when one of the 16 has the whistle.

Simon

What a sad way for Wales' World Cup to end as the sending off spoiled the match, but full credit to Wales for keeping us on the edge of our seats all the way through.

willie_gunn

Epic game!

But... Would the Dragons have played the same game without having their tails set on fire by Rolland's decision?

Tip-tackling was, afterall, made into a mandatory RED card offence, prima facie, in pre-tournamant memos. Shoulda read the memo, and paid attention.

All I can ask is..... four good chances and no drop goal... Why???

And that penalty kick... what an effort... but no cigar... dash,it!

It wasn't robbery; Wales lost it and France picked up the win.

Probably had a flash back to the Millennium Stadium when Wales robbed Ireland of the Triple crown with the illegal line out earlier in the year. :stir:

Watched this game live with two qualified referees and as the tackle happend they both shouted "red card", one later retracted and said probably should be yellow! I cannot believe Pienar saying that as it was a world cup semi final the ref shouldn't have given red - a dangerous tackle/ foul play is a valid call no matter what the occaision and he should know better - yes it probably spoilt the game but........

re

it was the tackle that spoilt the game WALES played like true welsh men but they made some mistakes maybe they also missed there captain to lead them
wot a shame but they should be proud of there achievements and they have shown us to watch out for them some good young blood coming through there ranks:cool::D

Gutted.:cry: As with try decisions, the TMO should be used before making a "BIG" (wrong) call like that one. :banghead: Yellow card would of been the correct call

It is no use blaming the ref’ sure the ref’ might have said yellow instead of red, a 50-50 call may be unless you are French. But the Welsh kickers missed how many attempts to but the ball though the up rights, the Ref’ might of made one mistake depending on what colour shirt you wear, not 8 of them.:eek:
Awaiting incoming.:rolleyes:

Tahr

Epic game!

But... Would the Dragons have played the same game without having their tails set on fire by Rolland's decision?

In simple terms "yes", losing the No.7 forced a change of game plan on the Welsh as their ball winning ability/defensive capability was instantly reduced. Whether or not they would have won on the original game plan no-one can say, however gut feeling says that Wales would have beaten France fairly easily with 15 men playing their preferred open game instead of keeping it tight and trying to keep the French at their end of the field. The game stats are remarkable, Wales had 59% possession and 60% territory with 14 men, and so nearly won it, as Shaun Edwards said afterwards, had Wales won it would have been the most remarkable come back and victory in RWC history.

They had their chances and in fact had Leigh Halfpenny's kick gone over the French would have had good cause to complain as the ref clearly should have penalised Charteris for hanging onto the ball in the ruck as he pulled the ball back in (twice actually). The Observer gives Rolland 2/10 for his performance yesterday, which may be generous.

The sad thing is that the two best teams are not playing the final, Wales v NZ is the "form" final but that is not to be. I hope the boys come out against Australia and try to turn it on to show what might have been, on the other hand it might just be a damp squib. The only positive thing is that most of the current Welsh team will be in their prime at the next World Cup, we have strength in depth in many positions, and that must be a frightening prospect for most other nations.

It's academic now, but did anyone watch the replay of the opening try by Nonu in the All Blacks v Wallabies? I keep watching it and wonder if Dagg had his foot out of touch when he did that wonderful one-handed offload? Oh well, it didn't go to the TMO....

willie_gunn

Back