Thread: just signed up with a view to learning

just signed up with a view to learning

hello folks
    i hail from west cornwall i am a keen foxer and also like a bit of longer range shooting i run a savage 12 bvss in 223 and prefer the sniping method prone off the bipod i have been thinking about deer for a while but because of my prefered method and the fact that i like long barrell heavy rifle i have sort of held back from deer of which i know nothing except that i need a bigger caliber and that when the time comes it will be one of two choices 6.5 swede or 308 heavy barrell so that i can still carry on with my longer range stuff sort of one rifle does all situation it is not my intention to try and shoot deer at long range but if stalking in as close as poss is acceptable and dishing out the good news sniper style will float my boat so once i have looked into it all in depth i will look into doing the DSC1 and 2 and proper training if i can locate a source of stalking tuition local to me anyway thats enough about me only meant to say hello so.....HELLO best regards dave

Welcome to the site. Theres lots of very knowledgeable people on here, keep an eye on the threads and you'll soon pick up the idea of 'stalking deer etiquette'. Sniping deer is a no no, especially on here.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome mate,you will find what you are looking for here,lots of help available.

morning bud.

Welcome d foxxer from what I've seen in my short time on here is that you've come to the right place!