Dorset Trip

WAYNE DAVIES

Distinguished Member
Hi All
Just got back from another cracking trip to Dorset with some mates, good company, good hunting and I was fortunate to bump into this chap.

DSC00674.jpg

:D :D

Wayne

Nice Stag there Buddie, thought you would have put the rifle that shot it in the picture and not a "TOY" rifle.....
;) :lol: :D

I can only assume that the "TIKKA" that probably shot it was working overtime shooting everyone elses Stags... ;)

Good on you Wayne.

All the best.

TJ

A fine stag, rifle and scope!
What are you lot on about? Don't you recognise quality when you see it?
Well done Wayne
ATB
Geoshot

Cheers Chaps
Nice old stag, he only got old because he had been waiting for someone with a proper rifle ;) :D

Wayne

well done mate... enjoyed the pic of the rifle very much dead handy having found that skinny old deer to lean it on mate :lol:

wayne
sounds like a fantastic weekend :)
defo, a fantastic looking sika ;)
now what rifle is it you used, i,m not that sure looking at the pic :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:

300WSM said
Wayne what weight was he, what length and span were his antlers?

Hi 300WSM
I didn't take a note of the weight but he was well 'run'.
The length was an even 45 cm so not massive and he definitely won't make a medal with his short brow tines but he was just what I was looking for a nice silver/grey head and still got his silver/grey mane.
He will be on the dining room wall in a few months.
I didn't measure the span and he is at the taxidermist now so not sure about that.
I shot a much larger 6 pointer a bit back which was well over 50cm but he didn't have the character of this old boy.

DSC00677.jpg

Wayne

Bucksden wrote

WAYNE DAVIES wrote:
He will be on the dining room wall in a few months.

Coward, put him above the bed!

No need I got a Red stag there gives you a bit more height to swing from ;)

Wayne

Back