Thread: Something to be said for essential oils?

Something to be said for essential oils?

Gave the chainsaw a workout yesterday, & have just lit the third fire in the grate of this year, I hauled this Oak out of the Dee three years ago,& it has dried well in the workshops, hard as hell , burned a bit when the chain dulled off, MMMnnn! what a scent through the house! lovely accompaniment to roast pork dinner with red wine!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

How much wine??
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I always enjoy a workout with the chain saw.

You bet there is.

I cooked two half shoulders of lamb 'horno de lena' style in the kamado last night.

One hour at 195c over charcoal in an open clay cazuela with a bit of pork fat. Add thick sliced spuds, sliced onions, a bit of water and some sprigs of rosemary. Cover the charcoal with soaked oak chips and shut the kamado down to 100c for a further 45 minutes.

Result: the best lamb we've ever tasted bar none. The subtle hint of oak smokeyness was the thing that made it outstanding.