Deer dog training days with the BMH society

If there were any events in Scotland I would more than happily join and im sure many others would too.

Do they ever do any events out with Glouchestershire. Maybe Scotland???

They could probably have a reciprocal arrangement when SNH start offering free Best Practice days for us who are south of the border! ;)

the Scottish day is in the pipeline, the society have ground available after the shooting season near to Dumfries. Would there be much interest in this?

If there were any events in Scotland I would more than happily join and im sure many others would too.

Hmmm

Might take you up on that. Can you get a dozen people together in the same place? Where? In March/April or when? Tracking or trailing?

Send me a pm and you might be surprised.

Clivecleaver. Yes there are many Scottish dogs that would be interested. Did you mention what end of shooting season year it will be 20??. ;)

Orion, Why would the SCOTTISH National Heritage offer free Best Practice Days South of the Border. The Bavarian Mountain Hound Society of GREAT BRITAIN needs to find it's way out of Gloucestershire. I have not renewed my membership this year for a couple of reasons one being that the Society offers nothing for Scottish owners despite the fact that this could well have been up and running by now.

I can assure you that there will be date set around feb/march/aprill 2012 the society will then advertise and ask for deposits and hopefuly there will be enough interest to hold the day. As soon as I hear of the date I will let you know.

hi sounds interesting, would this only be open to BMH or would other breeds be welcome to attend ?
all the best
jimmy

Bavarians get priority, however any KC/FCI registered dog or hound can take part. About 10 different breeds have taken and passed the basic aptitude test previously. Details of these dogs can be found on the Results page of the society website.

Sue

I can assure you that there will be date set around feb/march/aprill 2012 the society will then advertise and ask for deposits and hopefuly there will be enough interest to hold the day. As soon as I hear of the date I will let you know.

Any update on the Scottish dates?

Love to see them working on a training day but a little to far for me . But a little information on my pm about the day and trails . Thanks

Getting a HWV in February and would really be up for that if it came around.
If anybody gets any news please keep me in mind.

DavieH

Well i would be up for it and will even supply the grounds to trail on. coffe teas etc and a classroom for a chat afterwords. Rudy if you are here i will give you a free stalk for coming but like all the other Belgium's you will need to bring some chocolate.

sutherland6.jpg

Well i would be up for it and will even supply the grounds to trail on. coffe teas etc and a classroom for a chat afterwords. Rudy if you are here i will give you a free stalk for coming but like all the other Belgium's you will need to bring some chocolate.

Will have another word with Rudi, he thinks you are far away but could you let me have a pm with your postcode and an address?

sutherland6.jpg

Will have another word with Rudi, he thinks you are far away but could you let me have a pm with your postcode and an address? And do you think you can get 8 people together?

Ok all interested in a training light harted day with tracking dogs sends me a pm lets see what we have and i will see if we cant get something organised.
Might i add well away from roads on a 400 acre moor with no live stock.

Well lads that's four excluding me but i must admit to wanting to try my wee lass on a line. There will also be a classroom made available if we can get some one from the BMH Society or similar to do a talk and show dvd etc. POwerpoint. type thing i might even do a talk on deer stalking to bore the tits off you all. lol.

Back