Thread: Wild Game Meat Hygiene Level 2 Certification

Wild Game Meat Hygiene Level 2 Certification

Hi All,

Does anyone happen to know of any of the Wild Game Meat Hygiene courses scheduled around the midlands?

The only one I can find is Somerset and I really don't want to travel for 3 hours and 160 miles each way if I can help it......

Call BASC, I think they were running day courses around the country, although they are not cheap..

Thanks Pete, BASC were my first port of call, but they only have courses planned in Somerset and Scotland.

I may have to bite the bullet and travel as I need to get this sorted quickly.

Tikka, I don't know if it will be of any help, but back in 2005 a group of local stalkers got together with some game shooters and managed to get a team of tutors/assessors to come to Cornwall to do DSC1 assessment & a Meat Hygiene Course. If memory serves, there were 9 stalkers for DSC1 assessment and 11 for Meat Hygiene. Again if my memory is correct ( and it's not as good as it once was) the cost was 140 for DSC1 & 90 for Hygiene course. We provided the venue for class work, a suitable range for rifle work and sufficient farmland to set out simulated stalking situations. I got the tutors/assessors details from BASC who I have to say were extremely helpful. If you can get together sufficient people, you may be able to do something similar. Just a suggestion, hope it helps. Cheers, Pete.

Hi Pete,

That is a very good idea, I'll make a few calls and see what I can come up with.

Thank you.

Wild Game Meat Hygiene courses

hi tikka
    where abouts are you in the midlands?im in staffordshire,i may have an idea for you,

Hi Tikka.308,

I'm West Northants, on the Warwickshire border.

I'd be interested to hear your idea.

sent you a pm mate