Thread: The Pope's visit to New Zealand

The Pope's visit to New Zealand

On a tour of NZ, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the ocean for some sightseeing.

He was cruising along the beach at Wanganui in his car, when there was a frantic commotion just off the shore.

A helpless man wearing a green and gold Aussie rugby jersey was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 5 metre shark. As the Pope watched horrified, a waka cruised up alongside with 2 men wearing All Black jersys.

Rangi quickly threw a harpoon into the shark's side. Hohepa reached out and pulled the mauled, bleeding and semi-consciuos Aussie from the water. Then, using long clubs, Rangi and Hohepa killed the shark and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions", he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter rivalry between New Zealand and Australia, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not true".

As the Pope drove off, Rangi asked Hohepa "who was that, bro?"

"That was the Pope, cuz", Hohepa replied. "He's in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom".

To which Rangi replied, "well he knows bugger all about shark fishing." "Hows the bait holding up, or do we need a fresh Aussie?"

Ha!! Very funny. Only four years to go for revenge.