Introduction

adjman

I am new here, so a bit about myself:

Soon to own a shotgun - awaiting certificate
Very interested in taking up Deer Stalking
Used a .243 and .308 at Bisley Live this year, just to make sure I could handle the bigger bore rifles
Have become a member of BDS
Purchased the Gralloching - From Field to Larder DVD
Purchased the Skin, Butcher and Cook DVD
Purchased the Rifle Maintenance DVD

Looking forward to getting the Deer Data CD to start revising for the DSC1 course which I hope to take in 2012

Wanting to gain as much information about stalking as I can

Have been reading up on deer ecology using documentation from the BDS and the Deer Initiative websites, as well as the DMQ website

Also a BASC member, keen beater and rough/clay shooting enthusiast

Hope that gives a good overview of what I can currently do and where I am intending to go :)

Welcome to the site, hopefully you should learn a great deal from the membership.

John

adjman.
Hi and welcome to the site , looks as if I am local to you ,if I can be of any help shout.

Regards Brough

welcome to the site, as a relative novice myself i would recommend that you get out on as many stalks as you can, paid or otherwise i find thats a better way of learning than any books or dvds, although the more info you can absorb the better!! good luck with your dsc1, i found the deer quest cd-rom helped me greatly...
regards, Jez.

JayB - Thanks, I've had a browse around and found several handy hints and useful bits of info already :)

Brough - Thanks for the kind offer :) I'm sure I will have lots of questions and at some point pretty soon will want to go out stalking with an experienced stalker

StraightBetweenTheEyes - I heartily agree, there is absolutely no substitute for good honest experience and knowledge learnt with someone who knows their stuff. I want to read/watch/learn as much as I can on the theory side to be sure I know what I am doing before I get out in the field. As I see it, you can never know too much ;)

you certainly got that right, the more knowlecge you've got the better and this site is the place for that lots of good advice to be found and some top blokes on here too..
regards, Jez.

Got my first stalk booked for April 2012 - to say I'm rather excited would be an understatement!

Really looking forward to it and learning as much as I can :)

Back