one good turn deserves another !!

norma 308

At last this saying comes true ,just as well as not what you know who you know .
I had quite a bit to do with the hunt coming to the shoot earlier in aug and the new huntsman and masters were very happy as i had left em a fox or two infact it was the huntsmans first fox in his new position .i was thanked for the opportunity and i happened to take them into our shootroom for a cuppa voila it has a few heads i have shot on the walls which stirred some interest .so i took this time with the guys to ask should they have any farmers needing anyone to control deer could they put my name forward .
Well true to their word i got a call and today secured a nice little 500 acre patch with a large wood and two smaller ones ,the current stalker has moved to devon but left his seats and said i can use em till he gets time to fetch them yeha ! i had a poke around the big wood and found sign of munty and roe ,on the way out i phoned my stalking buddy and while sat in the truck talking spied a mature roe doe a yearling buck and two doe fawns happy days ,so keep plugging away folks it may take a while and several prayers but sometimes god and lady luck might give you a break :D

Norma obviously he caught the fox accidentally while following the trail they laid earlier in the day and he did his best to stop the hounds but accidents will happen:D But I am glad to hear you got some stalking from this accident.

thanks lads ,been and had a look this am no shot but saw two muntys had a look at some of the other ground too and that looks nice dont think its teeming with deer but not far from home and you never know what may come of it ! slowly slowly :D

guess my good luck ran out today ,tipped over what i thought was a blocked feeder only it was full of very angry wasps ooch you bast*rd .....4 times :(

View attachment 10175after 4 visits to suss out whats on the ground i took this roe kid this evening its mother crossed the ride and the kid followed stopping for a peep on my roe call ,christened the 6.5 on a roe and after a frantic search found her under a holy bush .thanks to my mate graham who offered to come 30 mile with tarka to help find it ,i eventually found it once i calmed down and opened my eyes :Dvery pleased with the shot and very little damage to carcase with 120 gr b/tip norma ,1st deer on the new ground HAPPY DAYS :) venison to huntmaster me thinks

Last edited:
View attachment 10175after 4 visits to suss out whats on the ground i took this roe kid this evening its mother crossed the ride and the kid followed stopping for a peep on my roe call ,christened the 6.5 on a roe and after a frantic search found her under a holy bush .thanks to my mate graham who offered to come 30 mile with tarka to help find it ,i eventually found it once i calmed down and opened my eyes :Dvery pleased with the shot and very little damage to carcase with 120 gr b/tip norma ,1st deer on the new ground HAPPY DAYS :) venison to huntmaster me thinks

Well done!

as the title says took my stalking mate to the new permission and he managed a nice roe doe ,i didnt see anything on this occasion but i can honestly say i couldnt be happier that graham got a fine doe after he has shown me the ropes and shared his stalking with me for years now ,nice to hear the phack and thud shortly after he left the truck .the doe was with a buck and another doe and the buck responded to the buttalo bringing the doe with it ....result ....bang. well done mate :DView attachment 10311

Back