Thread: good gun shops in newton abbot area

good gun shops in newton abbot area

As the title suggests are there any good gun shops in newton abbott torquey area. Got very intermitent signal so I apologise if I don't replyRergards pj

If you're looking for centrefire/shotgun then there is nothing in Torquay, one very small set up in Newton which i could never find and I'm only just down the road.There is the Sportsman in Exeter easy to find and worth a look round despite adverse comments. There is also Heavitree Gun and Sports in Exeter, good old fashioned shop. Further down the road at Ivybridge is the Gun Room. Thats about it I'm afraid.

There used to be a great gun shop in Newton Abbot itself called 'Drum Sports'. I grew up in Newton Abbot and my parents still live there. The 'Sportsman Gun centre' also started off in paignton but has since moved away!
    There isn't much left now sadly. Trago Mills do a limited service of air rifles. The Sportsman moved to Exeter/Dorchester/Litts, and still do good business. Ladds of crediton are also well established.
    A sign of the times I'm afraid!
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 22-10-2011 at 23:37.

Drum sports, gone but not forgotten, with Bob and Nobby.
    Quite right MS, forgot Ladds at Crediton. A good selection there and a few deals to be had.

Check by phone to see if they are open before travelling to Ladds. I'm not sure if they are still the same but they didn't open on weekends as they wanted to go shooting.

as already said sportsmans is down at exeter and certainly worth a look when ive been in there they have always treated me very well and its a big old shop with a lot of stock

Optics Warehouse is in Paignton. Not a shop, but you can visit the premises if you give them a call.

Blue Fox Glade is up at Chawleigh EX18 7EX - Run by James Simpson. 01769580039 (
    One of the only gunshops in the south west to have a bore scope & knows how to use it! Good stock of ammo & reloading bits. Even stocks muzzle loading stuff & black powder!

+1 on Blue fox glade, great shop and great service well worth a visit.

+1 blue fox glade .good shop,james is really helpful.when he says he will get some thing .he will