6x47 Lapua

Madmanx

Will be picking my new rifle up at the end of the week which is a 6x47 lapua with a Walther barrel having a 1in 8 twist,i will be using a range of bullet heads from around the 85 grain mark up to 105 grains,anybody got any loads for this caliber?:)

I am also changing to the 47 lapua
but have been told buy the riflesmith that i should be running 120-130 grn bullets .The barrel is a tru flight 24inch long with a 1 in 8 twist.
i will await what you find with the light loads.

would the light loads not be very exsplosive on contact with the flesh ??

I shoot 70gr Nosler BTs in my 6x47 Lap, running it with 38.2gr of N135 @3575fps from a 24" Pacnor Super Match, on a Stiller Predator. shoots in the .1s

115 grn bullet and 37,5grn h4350 and cc450 primer 2975fps es 9 sd 3
groups in the .1-.2 s awsome cartidge

Last edited:
1:8 should handle everything just fine inc 140gr and up.
I would imagine there will be a limit to powder capacity before the barrel twist becomes an issue but this is a high pressure cartridge so it'll be fine with a broad spectrum of stuff, I am sure.

Last edited:
1:8 should handle everything just fine inc 140gr and up.
I would imagine there will be a limit to powder capacity before the barrel twist becomes an issue but this is a high pressure cartridge so it'll be fine with a broad spectrum of stuff, I am sure.

Now tell me what 140gr 6mm bullets are on the market?

Last edited:
if you get the d-tac up to or near 3k it will shoot great out to 1 k in a 1-8twist
the 115 berger need 1-7.5 twist

Back