Thread: Starting out

Wink Starting out

Hi Guys, ive been shooting rifles now for over 20yrs, ive always been toying with the idea of homeloading does anyone know a good web site to buy the gear, or has any member got any surplus stuff they want to flog, even just a hand loading press to start with.
    Kindest Regards Neil

If your local toy emporium does not carry what you seek I have good luck buying used reloading stuff off e-bay. Have brought several sets of dies off e-bay USA. In fact my 25-06 dies came from the west coast and were still less than I could find them here. I also brought a Lee "Unitized Loaded" for the .280 Rem which is a hammer loading tool kit, very basic but effective with a 4oz plastic hammer.

If you not loading volumes then basic equipment will serve you very well. I simple hand press or "C" bench mounted press such as the Lee Challanger will load good ammunition. A set of scales with a set of Lee Powder scoops handles powder dispensing. I would suggest buying or at least making a tray/board to hold the cases whilst you work with them. Save them getting knocked or tipped over.

Henry Kranks do stock quite a bit:-

As do Midway UK and Reloading Solutions.

Used stuff is usually OK & you'll find it on the SD site classified posts. Not everything all at once of course, but regularly enough. You'll also find stuff on other sites like guntrader.
    Ebay stuff from the USA has always been reliably good for me too.....& usually cheaper.
    Brithunter has given a good link too.
    You could also give Gregor Macleod a call in Tain.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

The Lee Anniversary kit would suit you fine, everything but the dies.

Cheers guys, youv told me all i need to know and some good links to follow Happy shooting to you all.
    Regards Neil