SNH Best Practice Demonstration Event: Balmoral

Number8

What an excellent day today. If I'd known it was that good I'd have taken more leave and gone tomorrow as well. Well done SNH!:thumb:

Could not agree more.I was one of a party of five who attended from Edinburgh.Three in our group had not been to a Best Practice Demo before and they had a ball.This is my fifth and I have to say the best.The hands on butchery was good,rather than watching the pro's you got a carcass to work on with the the butchers giving a helping hand.A little disapointed with the lunch,but overall well done SNH you have five for next year.

Not a bad holiday home.Will be trying to speak to the owners to see if it is available the first two weeks in August.I did look at next years booking diary and it is booked by a couple called Charles and Camilla from London,I got in touch yesterday and they did say they could work around our two weeks Dave.:rofl:

View attachment 10040

I too thoroughly enjoyed the experience. A big thankyou to Mike Cottam and his team from SNH for a very interesting and well organised event. I was lucky enough to attend my chosen subjects - Rifle accuracy in the morning and the Butchery in the afternoon. Both first class. I'm sure every one of us took away some new gems of knowledge.
Nichola Fletcher completed my day with some mouth watering recipes - - The Venison with the blue cheese sauce really hit the spot !

Looking forward to the next one already.

JR

I too thoroughly enjoyed the experience. A big thankyou to Mike Cottam and his team from SNH for a very interesting and well organised event. I was lucky enough to attend my chosen subjects - Rifle accuracy in the morning and the Butchery in the afternoon. Both first class. I'm sure every one of us took away some new gems of knowledge.
Nichola Fletcher completed my day with some mouth watering recipes - - The Venison with the blue cheese sauce really hit the spot !

Looking forward to the next one already.

JR

JR

Not sure about the 'blue cheese sauce'- preferred the chilli, lettuce, onion and venison in the lime and fish/grapeseed oil dressing. Nicola certainly demonstrated how the hanging and handling affects the meat which was quite an eye opener. But Bruce and Chris stole the day for me. The knife skills and butchering was great, certainly will allow me to improve greatly.

Totally agree, SNH did a great job and fortunately weather was good on the Thursday too!

Agree with the other posts - good day, very instructive and good value for nothing - barring the diesel!

Back