Start of a hunters dream

Hi all,

I am taking some time off and trying to have a few days of stalkers heaven, it started of yesterday and will end monday well he goes . Yesterday i started of with the reds at the lake district on the hill and i was very lucky to get a very nice stag it was a 14 pointer which after watching and following from a height and not thinking i could get a chance of a shot but then luck changed and the mist came in and i could cover some open ground to get within 200 yards `ish and take the shot which at 1st i was a bit worried as it just walked of with the hinds i thought no i missed but then i looked through the scope again and could see the entry wound in the right spot and just as i saw that it wobbled and all was well thank god and i am not religous.lakestag 002.JPGlakestag 006.JPGlakestag 007.JPGlakestag 008.JPG

So now i am getting ready for the next part of my trip , i am going to wicklow for the sika today and then going to sweden for driven moose and then back to the sika on monday and finally home monday night so i cannot add more until i get back which with a bit of luck should work out.

thanks for looking

regards
chris

Great stuff Chris.

Were you out at Martin's?

Any idea how tony did on Monday? He is back there today as well, jammy sod!

Dave

Sounds like a dream trip! good luck mate all the best, and take lots of pictures for the less fortunate of us (me)!!

regards, Dan.

200 yards ish " and the rest mate ! cracking day out on the hill im still aching, well your stags boiled and cleaned off you owe me !!!!!
Good look with rest of your trip mate

Cracking stag Chris.

Lets hope you get the mixed bag you are hoping for.

I will speak to you next week when you get back.

Good luck.

Cheers

Ross

well lads just got back from one hecktic trip , sweden is one lovelly place and the amount of roe you see in the fields is unreal and the amount of big roe buck , well i have never seen anything like it and as for the moose it is just like buying a lottery ticket and my numbers did not come up on either species i went for but i am going back next september to the north of sweden with better luck.

regards
chris

I got invited to go driven elk/moose:stag: shooting last weekend. Sadly I had already said yes to going to a friends party. He is a avid hunter as well so I called him up to ask if I could be excused. He said NO!!!!!

Because I am a good friend I went to his party. :cuckoo:

Back